NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

On ‎7‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 11:14 AM, Ambitious Guy said:

My definite goal is to smash the handles of my Captains of Crush no 2 against each other. Especially because

I have skinny wrists and my height is ´only` 173 cm and I weigh just 64 kg, that´s why it would feel extremely rewarding

to go ´against` my ´natural` biology and against what other people tell me (for example, when I closed the Trainer with

pure willpower ´´they`` already thought I must have taken steroids). BTW I´m 18 years old.

Nice to see some Belgian guys interested in hand strength. Welcome on Gripboard !

• Like 2

On 1/18/2017 at 8:37 PM, tsams105 said:

Hi all, I'm Taylor and have just started to train grip. I competed in powerlifting pretty seriously for a while but haven't done so in a few years. I've played with grippers and the IM hub a bit in the past but nothing serious or consistent. I've closed the 2.5 and done 45# on the hub. Just got a good deal on some york 100 fatman bells and made some blobs so that's my new long term goal. Ready to learn all I can about the grip world

Welcome to the GripBoard! @tsams105

Hi, Barry from Northern Ireland. Been looking on the Grip Board for a while, introduced myself before but in the wrong place, sorry about that.

Looking forward to seeing and learning from some top dudes!

• Like 1

Greetings,

My name is Chris. I am a competitive pistol shooter and have been training grip on/off for about 6 years. I'm looking to soak a lot of knowledge on the board, and interested in techniques, etc. 

I currently train grip two days per week( sometimes one day per week), and that consists of the imtugs ( 2,3,4,6), the Little Big Horn, extensor work, and a few additional pieces ( I.e- stirrup, eagle claws, sledgehammer, a blob, and 8,12,16lb shot puts).

i would be very interested to see what other shooters use/do for grip also.

Best,

Chris

On 1/20/2017 at 8:38 AM, Baz59 said:

Hi, Barry from Northern Ireland. Been looking on the Grip Board for a while, introduced myself before but in the wrong place, sorry about that.

Looking forward to seeing and learning from some top dudes!

22 hours ago, Jawamac said:

Greetings,

My name is Chris. I am a competitive pistol shooter and have been training grip on/off for about 6 years. I'm looking to soak a lot of knowledge on the board, and interested in techniques, etc. 

I currently train grip two days per week( sometimes one day per week), and that consists of the imtugs ( 2,3,4,6), the Little Big Horn, extensor work, and a few additional pieces ( I.e- stirrup, eagle claws, sledgehammer, a blob, and 8,12,16lb shot puts).

i would be very interested to see what other shooters use/do for grip also.

Best,

Chris

Welcome guys to the GripBoard @Jawamac @Baz59

Hello everyone. Getting back into grip specific training and armwrestling after several years of being out of the loop. Although I never stopped training (I train for general strength and conditioning as well as grip) I haven't kept up with the current trends for a while. I am interested in feats of grip strength and how it relates to armwrestling, I also train my grip to improve my job performance  (law enforcement) as well as my grappling. The thing that I hope to get most out of this forum is to connect with other grip and armwrestling enthusiasts in order to stay motivated, and improve my training knowledge.

My goals for the next year are as follows:

-Close CoC#3 (2 is pretty easy)

-Complete Ironmind Crushed to Dust Challenge 

-Deadlift 525

-Compete and improve in armwrestling and grappling.

Edited by akka

20 hours ago, Hercules45 said:

Hi im larry from wichita ks and im looking to get arm wrestling training my number is 316 516 2046

14 hours ago, akka said:

Hello everyone. Getting back into grip specific training and armwrestling after several years of being out of the loop. Although I never stopped training (I train for general strength and conditioning as well as grip) I haven't kept up with the current trends for a while. I am interested in feats of grip strength and how it relates to armwrestling, I also train my grip to improve my job performance  (law enforcement) as well as my grappling. The thing that I hope to get most out of this forum is to connect with other grip and armwrestling enthusiasts in order to stay motivated, and improve my training knowledge.

My goals for the next year are as follows:

-Close CoC#3 (2 is pretty easy)

-Complete Ironmind Crushed to Dust Challenge 

-Deadlift 525

-Compete and improve in armwrestling and grappling.

Welcome guys!

Hello I am from China, I registered came in a few days ago, hope here and everybody discussion grip strength training methods and meet different lovers grip strength. Future goal is certification GHP9, MM6. thank you:D

23 hours ago, saga13j said:

Hi me from Japan. Just registered right now. I'm training grip strength to close CoC no.2 and eventually no.4.

My goal for this year is to close no.3 in ccs.

15 hours ago, cheng liu said:

Hello I am from China, I registered came in a few days ago, hope here and everybody discussion grip strength training methods and meet different lovers grip strength. Future goal is certification GHP9, MM6. thank you:D

Welcome to the GripBoard!

Hi everyone, my name is Garrett. I am a firefighter in Louisiana, and started grip training in September 2016. Recently closed a CoC #2, and am working on a GHP 6 currently. Future goals are to close a CoC #3 by the end of the year, and increase my grip overall to help with job related activities.

8 hours ago, Garrett1114 said:

Hi everyone, my name is Garrett. I am a firefighter in Louisiana, and started grip training in September 2016. Recently closed a CoC #2, and am working on a GHP 6 currently. Future goals are to close a CoC #3 by the end of the year, and increase my grip overall to help with job related activities.

Welcome Garrett!

Hi, I'm nathan, 14 year old lifter also interested in armwrestling and grip feats. Came here to gain knowledge on training smarter/how to program aw specific training  to suit my goals, which is competing in armwrestling on an elite level and close coc 3 before I'm 18. Right now all I'm doing is bodybuilding training through a ppl rest ppl split. 5'11 165lbs

27 minutes ago, Nathan9 said:

Hi, I'm nathan, 14 year old lifter also interested in armwrestling and grip feats. Came here to gain knowledge on training smarter/how to program aw specific training  to suit my goals, which is competing in armwrestling on an elite level and close coc 3 before I'm 18. Right now all I'm doing is bodybuilding training through a ppl rest ppl split. 5'11 165lbs

Welcome!

Hi,

I'm Homer. I'm looking to drastically improve my grip strength. I'm 5'11 180 lbs. Long term goal would be a one arm chin up. I can currently crush a #1.5 with my right hand and #1 with left hand. I'd like to crush a CoC #2.5 by end of 2017. Training currently involves greasing the groove with a #0.5 throughout the day for 2-4 reps on the left and 6-11 reps on the right. Any suggestions to improving my training routine as well as which gripper I should be working towards to next is highly appreciated. 

13 minutes ago, ConsiderPhlebas said:

Hi,

I'm Homer. I'm looking to drastically improve my grip strength. I'm 5'11 180 lbs. Long term goal would be a one arm chin up. I can currently crush a #1.5 with my right hand and #1 with left hand. I'd like to crush a CoC #2.5 by end of 2017. Training currently involves greasing the groove with a #0.5 throughout the day for 2-4 reps on the left and 6-11 reps on the right. Any suggestions to improving my training routine as well as which gripper I should be working towards to next is highly appreciated. 

Welcome Homer!  Make sure you work on how to set the gripper properly for one thing.  

• Like 1

G'day everyone! My name is Matt and I'm from Australia. I've been doing Judo for about 15 years and started grip training about 8 months ago. I'm 6'1" and 180lb. I have really been enjoying grip sport and my goal is to certify on the Crushed to Dust challenge and compete when possible.

Currently my PRs are closing a CoC #1.5 (CCS, unrated), 70lbs on a homemade wrist wrench and 35lbs on a homemade (hockey puck) hub lift.

I feel many aspects of my training are slowly coming together. One thing I haven't worked out are the best methods for pinch training - I use my hub, a TTK and a 78mm pinch block (metal-coated). I've been making good progress on the hub and TTK, but seen minimal progress on the 78mm pinch block. I think it might be too big for my hand (if I hold my thumb and fingers parallel the gap is about an inch, noticeably narrower than my two training mates). Any guidance for pinch training would be greatly appreciated :)

1 hour ago, BulliBrickCrusher said:

G'day everyone! My name is Matt and I'm from Australia. I've been doing Judo for about 15 years and started grip training about 8 months ago. I'm 6'1" and 180lb. I have really been enjoying grip sport and my goal is to certify on the Crushed to Dust challenge and compete when possible.

Currently my PRs are closing a CoC #1.5 (CCS, unrated), 70lbs on a homemade wrist wrench and 35lbs on a homemade (hockey puck) hub lift.

I feel many aspects of my training are slowly coming together. One thing I haven't worked out are the best methods for pinch training - I use my hub, a TTK and a 78mm pinch block (metal-coated). I've been making good progress on the hub and TTK, but seen minimal progress on the 78mm pinch block. I think it might be too big for my hand (if I hold my thumb and fingers parallel the gap is about an inch, noticeably narrower than my two training mates). Any guidance for pinch training would be greatly appreciated :)

Welcome!

Handsize is an advantage, but size won't prevent progress.

Holds have been know to be particularly effective for pinch.

Also...put your weakest discipline first in your regimen. 

13 hours ago, BulliBrickCrusher said:

Welcome!

On 2/24/2017 at 10:39 PM, anwnate said:

Welcome!

Handsize is an advantage, but size won't prevent progress.

Holds have been know to be particularly effective for pinch.

Also...put your weakest discipline first in your regimen. 

Thanks! I'll give holds a shot at the start of my next workout.

• 2 weeks later...

Movie on 3-10-17 at 11.13 AM.movHey everyone,

My name is Connor, and I discovered serious grip training about a month ago. I am 23, about 6 foot even, and weigh roughly 190lbs. I have been very active all my life, I played football and baseball through high school, and wrestled when I was in middle school. Since high school, I have been doing a lot of body building and strength training, at one point bench pressing over 400lbs. I have been looking for something new to set as a goal, and I have really enjoyed working with the grippers so far. I don't know if I have naturally strong hands, or if my background in lifting helped, but I am able to CCS the COC#2 easily in my right hand, and most of the time in my left. But, the 2.5 and 3 feel like completely different monsters.

I have been doing a lot of low rep training about every other day including thumb work and two finger work with the IM Tugs, and I have just started trying out negatives and over crushes. I feel that my biggest problem is that I can't consistently get a good set, which makes it really tough to hit good negative reps. I was hoping that some of you guys might have some tips for newbies like me who started out with somewhat above average grip strength, but still need to build a strong base and buildup weak points (like setting). Ultimately, I want to do the KTA program when I have a solid base, but I don't feel anywhere near ready to start that as I stand now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Editing to post my short term goals:

I want to certify on the #3 and complete the Crushed to Dust by the end of the year.

Edited by CFlaherty
Adding Video
  • Like 1

Hello everyone,

My name is Bill, and I've been grip training/lurking the forums for about 15 months.  I started bending short steel in January, and am absolutely hooked, somewhat to the detriment of my gripper progress (hopefully just in the short term).  I'm kind of a smaller guy at 5'6", 190 pounds, but my goals are the same as anyone elses, to push my limits and see what I'm capable of bending, gripping, etc.  I bent my first grade 5 bolt yesterday (1/4 x 7), so I'm pretty psyched about that, but know that there's still a long road ahead, and sense that my beginner gains will be fading soon enough.

I am currently working as a metallurgist at a commercial heat treat, and am happy to answer any questions about fastener grades, steel grades, etc., if I'm able, and where I'm not able, I can still wildly speculate with the best of them.

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:44 AM, CFlaherty said:

Movie on 3-10-17 at 11.13 AM.movHey everyone,

My name is Connor, and I discovered serious grip training about a month ago. I am 23, about 6 foot even, and weigh roughly 190lbs. I have been very active all my life, I played football and baseball through high school, and wrestled when I was in middle school. Since high school, I have been doing a lot of body building and strength training, at one point bench pressing over 400lbs. I have been looking for something new to set as a goal, and I have really enjoyed working with the grippers so far. I don't know if I have naturally strong hands, or if my background in lifting helped, but I am able to CCS the COC#2 easily in my right hand, and most of the time in my left. But, the 2.5 and 3 feel like completely different monsters.

I have been doing a lot of low rep training about every other day including thumb work and two finger work with the IM Tugs, and I have just started trying out negatives and over crushes. I feel that my biggest problem is that I can't consistently get a good set, which makes it really tough to hit good negative reps. I was hoping that some of you guys might have some tips for newbies like me who started out with somewhat above average grip strength, but still need to build a strong base and buildup weak points (like setting). Ultimately, I want to do the KTA program when I have a solid base, but I don't feel anywhere near ready to start that as I stand now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Editing to post my short term goals:

I want to certify on the #3 and complete the Crushed to Dust by the end of the year.

Good luck with your goals. To accomplish both of those by the end of this year would be quite the grip quinella!! 200lb on RT is big and I mean big/. Iam around RT195lbs and it is very hard but the CTD is within site

Edited by Kluv#0

Hi everyone im a new bender from Australia  only been bending for a few weeks and have an addiction already. Been really good learning lots of stuff on this page

This is one of my bends 6.03mm and 7" long roughly an IM yellow nail

20170316_053503.jpg