NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

I'm 17, 5'10", 185lbs. I'm looking to start working my grip to help with strongman events such as farmers, axles, etc... PR's are 365x2 squat, 300 bench, 455 deadlift. I am going to purchase some grip tools this week. I was thinking about getting the HG 100, HG 150, and HG 200. Please point me in the right direction guys!

Hey, Im new to the GB but have been training for a year or so. Im set to get my CoC cert at the end of the month.

Stats:

6'3" 280lb

8 1/4"hands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4tdal4wGGU

The video is a vlog of where my grip strength is at right now. Nothing in there is impressive but it serves as an introduction to where my grip strength is. Also gives me a baseline to check a year from now and gauge improvements.

Edited by Chris Mathison

Hello everyone,

My name is Scott McElroy and I'm a professional Bodyguard, Stuntman and Performing Strongman in the Los Angeles area. I run a website called ironclawtraining.com. I've been meaning to get over here for quite some time now! I'm glad to be aboard and looking forward to chatting with everyone!

All the Best,

welcome to this great website, it is a fantastic training, remember the search function is your friend. there are thousands of threads, ranging on how to start if you are a beginner, to world class grip feats.

I think you will be even more amazing at what you do if you take the time to listen to some of these people on here. From what I have read so far on these posts there are some very dedicated and strong people on here. I have been most impressed with this site so far because everyone seems humble regarding themselves and take the time to help others get better. Best of luck with your training Ryan. Kyle

Welcome everyone!
My name's Ryan. I'm good at what I do. 'Nuff said.

That sounds like an awefully cocky attitude, what do you "do"?

A little of this, a little of that. I'm a nobody; don't mind me.

Hello everyone,

My name is Scott McElroy and I'm a professional Bodyguard, Stuntman and Performing Strongman in the Los Angeles area. I run a website called ironclawtraining.com. I've been meaning to get over here for quite some time now! I'm glad to be aboard and looking forward to chatting with everyone!

All the Best,

Welcome Scott, I've seen your youtube site and was wondering if you were a member here. Glad to see you finally made it over.

:rock

Welcome to all the other new people as well.

- Aaron

Hello everyone,

All the Best,

Glad to see you finally made it on here! Welcome and welcome to all the other guys!!!

Hello, Everyone on the GRIPBOARD

My name is Chris, I weigh 250 right now gona get into shape again. After I hurt my knee gained weight.

I heard about this set of threads while posting on MAP(martialartsplanet), I was asking question about how to keep from damaging my hand.

I bought a set of grippers from a place named ironwoodysfitnes.com little while back.

Why I bought them was because i worked in electrical at the time and we would put bullets between to wire to tie them together and it made my grip stronger.

So I thought maybe I should see if there is a difference in grippers and if they can help my grip. The point is they did help my grip a little, oddly the using of crimper made my grip very strong. When I got my gripper from ironwoodysfitness.com I could close the 200lbs one with easy. With a little work I was able in time to go up to closing the 300lbs gripper.

Basically I just would do the gripper every day quite a few time, I would hold the gripper at a point should I not be able to completely close it. When I first did the 250lbs gripper I could completely close it. Well now a few months pass and I am having a little trouble closing it, mainly because I stepped back from doing gripping for a little bit.

I have major question on griping thing. Like is there a good program out there that will not harm my hand, cause pistol finger or types of cyst that damage tendons?

What I want and what I get from grip is it is good for the body I noticed it helps my overall vitality. Is the powerball a good device for helping the grip? I mean so many questions. What I want is a good grip not needing to be in a competition or even be recognized for the grip, I definitely want to get passed the 300lbs gripper. I mean completely close it with control, every time instead of two out of ten times.

Thank you for reading that long post who ever does.

Chris

My name is Chris, I weigh 250 right now gona get into shape again. After I hurt my knee gained weight.

I heard about this set of threads while posting on MAP(martialartsplanet), I was asking question about how to keep from damaging my hand.

I bought a set of grippers from a place named ironwoodysfitnes.com little while back.

Why I bought them was because i worked in electrical at the time and we would put bullets between to wire to tie them together and it made my grip stronger.

So I thought maybe I should see if there is a difference in grippers and if they can help my grip. The point is they did help my grip a little, oddly the using of crimper made my grip very strong. When I got my gripper from ironwoodysfitness.com I could close the 200lbs one with easy. With a little work I was able in time to go up to closing the 300lbs gripper.

Basically I just would do the gripper every day quite a few time, I would hold the gripper at a point should I not be able to completely close it. When I first did the 250lbs gripper I could completely close it. Well now a few months pass and I am having a little trouble closing it, mainly because I stepped back from doing gripping for a little bit.

I have major question on griping thing. Like is there a good program out there that will not harm my hand, cause pistol finger or types of cyst that damage tendons?

What I want and what I get from grip is it is good for the body I noticed it helps my overall vitality. Is the powerball a good device for helping the grip? I mean so many questions. What I want is a good grip not needing to be in a competition or even be recognized for the grip, I definitely want to get passed the 300lbs gripper. I mean completely close it with control, every time instead of two out of ten times.

Chris

Welcome! There is a GREAT program on here called "KTA". It's an e-book you buy from the administrator "Wannagrip" and everyone who has used it sings it's praises over and over. It sounds like you have the HG grippers, or heavy grips grippers. If so then closing the HG300 even once is AWESOME MAN :rock

There was alot of hullabaloo about the powerball a few years ago but it was determined it was nearly useless for getting a stronger grip so it's not worth buying for that reason. They are fun to play with though when you try and beat your old PR # :D

Hey all

Thought I'd Introduce myself. I'm a powerlifter and lately I have found my grip is holding back my deadlift and making it my worst lift. I'm sure I'll learn alot here. Nice to meet you all.

Hey wassup everyone,

My name it Peter. I just joined yesterday to get some tips on grip strength. I am 5' 10" 170, 19 yrs old. My younger brother got a HG 150 for christmas, and both of us crushed it easily. After being away for the last month, I got back and ordered the HG 200 and the 250. My brother and I crushed the 200 both hands the first try, then I crushed the 250 after having it for 3 days ( it took him about 5 days).

My brother started grip training to help him get stronger grip/forearms for football. We both quickly became addicted. I am a bodybuilder/powerlifter/oly. lifter=athlete. I love grip training. Crushing a gripper, bending steel, or pinching plates is an awesome feeling. Not only does is help tremendously with lifting, but it is plain fun. I just bent my first piece of steel yesterday, and loved it.

Both my bro and I want both want to crush the #3 by this summer. I know this question has probably been asked a million times, but where on gripboard is the instructions for certification for Mash Monster? I saw the forum for declaring your intentions, but haven't seen anyplace to find out how you go about getting certified? Anyway I got some time to find out!

Hey Im just here to get a stronger set of hands and forearms. I found this forum of beastskills.com Loads of information already here so i do know how many post ill be making but that you all for the information.

So I thought maybe I should see if there is a difference in grippers and if they can help my grip. The point is they did help my grip a little, oddly the using of crimper made my grip very strong. When I got my gripper from ironwoodyfitness.com I could close the 200lbs one with easy. With a little work I was able in time to go up to closing the 300lbs gripper.

Chris

Welcome! There is a GREAT program on here called "KTA". It's an e-book you buy from the administrator "Wannagrip" and everyone who has used it sings it's praises over and over. It sounds like you have the HG grippers, or heavy grips grippers. If so then closing the HG300 even once is AWESOME MAN :rock

There was alot of hullabaloo about the powerball a few years ago but it was determined it was nearly useless for getting a stronger grip so it's not worth buying for that reason. They are fun to play with though when you try and beat your old PR # :D

I meant to type ww.ironwoodyfitness.com has a 's' in my post excuse. QUESTION: is the ironminds.com grippers the same strength as the ironwoody.com grippers?

Thanks for the information the on 'KTA', MalachiMcMullen!

Welcome everybody to GAA and BAA that being Gripper's addict's and Bender addict's anonomous but it's longer than a 12 step program! :rock:rock:rock

QUESTION: is the ironminds.com grippers the same strength as the ironwoody.com grippers?

It seems to me that the grippers they sell are the "Bone Crusher" kind yes? Those are literally HG's(http://www.heavygrips.com/) with a different name.

HG's and Ironmind grippers are very different. HG's vary alot in strength, so you could buy 3 HG250 grippers and have one be VERY hard, one VERY easy and one between the the others and that goes for all the HG grippers. Ironmind grippers, or CoC's, don't vary much in strength. Each gripper vary's no matter what the brand but CoC's are the most consistent and HG's are the most inconsistent. HG's are still very useful tools though.

Hey wassup everyone,

My name it Peter. I just joined yesterday to get some tips on grip strength. I am 5' 10" 170, 19 yrs old. My younger brother got a HG 150 for christmas, and both of us crushed it easily. After being away for the last month, I got back and ordered the HG 200 and the 250. My brother and I crushed the 200 both hands the first try, then I crushed the 250 after having it for 3 days ( it took him about 5 days).

My brother started grip training to help him get stronger grip/forearms for football. We both quickly became addicted. I am a bodybuilder/powerlifter/oly. lifter=athlete. I love grip training. Crushing a gripper, bending steel, or pinching plates is an awesome feeling. Not only does is help tremendously with lifting, but it is plain fun. I just bent my first piece of steel yesterday, and loved it.

Both my bro and I want both want to crush the #3 by this summer. I know this question has probably been asked a million times, but where on gripboard is the instructions for certification for Mash Monster? I saw the forum for declaring your intentions, but haven't seen anyplace to find out how you go about getting certified? Anyway I got some time to find out!

Hey Vermont! We're almost neighbors. Great job with the grippers. The MM0 cert is just closing a #3 from a parallel set. You have to get it on video and send it to Wannagrip (site admin) before you can sign up for the other MM grippers. I'm sure the other guys can tell you more. I'm not much good with the grippers.

Hi everyone. My name is John and I am from Pennsylvania. I am new to the board and very poor with computer use LOL! I heve been training my grip for about a year and have just recently started to hit the grippers hard. One year ago I realized that I had become a fat bastard and dropped over 50 pounds. I was a competitive powerlifter in the ADFPA and won the deadlift nationals some time ago. Around X-mas I realized how much I loved to train heavy and set up a good little gym in the basement.

The friendliness of everyone on the board is great. The KTA program has peeked my interests. I do have a question though. My hands and wrists take a severe beating at work and I have to be very careful with how much work I do training wise. Would KTA be to harsh? Thanks in advance for your help.

Hey Gripboard members.

I'm a long time fan of the iron game. I'm kind of starting over with my grip work. 2007 was a bad year and my lifting has suffered. I was able to close the #2 COC at one time but right now I'm only able to close the #1. I'm sure it wont take long to get back to where I was before.

Just wanted to introduce my self and say hello.

Thanks,

Ryan G

Hello!

Longtime member, recent lurker, first-time poster... if you want to classify me by that.

I'm here for a few reasons: when I first came to the forum, it was on the recommendation of a member of a forum from another board. To be frank, I haven't really learned all that much, since by the time I was recommended here, my grip was already above and beyond the level I consider sufficient for my sport (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu). My training history: I've worked on grip for 1.5-2 years. In this span, I've done levering, crushing, and pinching. My levering is alright, I guess. I can use a 10# sledge and do it for reps with my right hand, though due to a long-term left wrist injury, not my left wrist. As far as crushing, I can close the 1.5 with both hands, and the #2 in my right hand (Ironmind COC). Pinching, 2x25# plate pinching is my best at the moment, and I'm pretty far from anything more significant... though I have heard of two hand pinching, I've never implemented it.

What I want to get out of this forum: prehab/rehab for wrists (if you didn't notice in the above paragraph). A free KTA Program :cool though I'm sure Mr. Bill won't let that happen. I also want to see a few ways to build good Farmer's walk handles, and other implements for GPP, since my main focus is graplping/BJJ.

Stats:

Height: 5'6

Weight: 165-170

My name is Josh. I am 18, 5'11, 168 lbs. I love to arm wrestle which is my main reason for grip training. I have a store-bought hand gripper and just yesterday got a C.O.C. #1, which I can close in my right hand but barely, and can't quite close in my left hand. I want to get hand-strengthening tips from this site.

My name is Josh. I am 18, 5'11, 168 lbs. I love to arm wrestle which is my main reason for grip training. I have a store-bought hand gripper and just yesterday got a C.O.C. #1, which I can close in my right hand but barely, and can't quite close in my left hand. I want to get hand-strengthening tips from this site.

Welcome to the site Josh, you will definitely find the tips you are looking for here.

Hello everyone, very nice to be here! My name's Joe. I work with Ben (bencrush) and after seeing some of his YT videos I wanted to give bending a try and got hooked right away. He's kind of taken me under his wing-which is cool-and is helping me with bending stuff. I don't have any big PRs yet but that'll come with some time. I'm 6'1" and 225 right now, but a little fat. He says I have good potential so that's all I needed to keep working on it. Double overhand is how I'm doing it right now but that may change. I have crushed a 7" bastard from 3" to 2" a few times now. But my best full bend is only a 6" grade 5. The kinking is my problem on most stuff. I actually started after watching his square leather bend video. I liked the idea of carrying something around with me and doing it on break if I wanted to. That hurts though so I don't do much of it. I bent a green nail and almost got a blue the other day. I don't have much goals just want to get strong. Good to be here.