Quest For Gripstrength Starting With Gripper #3

Geralt

My hands recovery is really stalling. This because of my overall bodytraining, I can feel that. Pulling work, chinups, etc.

I'm figuring out what's best. I want to able to mash that #3, but I also want to develop some overall strength. Will do in time.

It will come.

Today besides bench and other stuff:

Warm up with #1 and #2.

L and R Vulcan level 15, choked. R closed. hold for 10 secs. L forced closed, hold for 10 secs;

L and R Vulcan level 16, choked. R and L forced closed, hold for 8 secs;

L and R Vulcan level 17, choked. R and L forced closed, turned into negative crush.

After that, most strength was gone. Continued with overall body exc.

Next session one hand reps on my gripmachine.

My hands recovery is really stalling. This because of my overall bodytraining, I can feel that. Pulling work, chinups, etc.

I'm figuring out what's best. I want to able to mash that #3, but I also want to develop some overall strength. Will do in time.

It will come.

Today besides bench and other stuff:

Warm up with #1 and #2.

L and R Vulcan level 15, choked. R closed. hold for 10 secs. L forced closed, hold for 10 secs;

L and R Vulcan level 16, choked. R and L forced closed, hold for 8 secs;

L and R Vulcan level 17, choked. R and L forced closed, turned into negative crush.

After that, most strength was gone. Continued with overall body exc.

Next session one hand reps on my gripmachine.

Nice Vulcan work and you'lll figure out what works best for you in time :cool

Thanks! I need a change of plans to make some progress. Eventually I'll get it, though.

Thank you Joefrey!

Tonight overall body, got a little lower backpain, possibly of trying some 'dragonflags' (abs) hahaha still a bit on the heavy side for me!

Grip:

Gripmachine, 5 x 5 reps 60 kg's at handle distance of 3 cm. Next session I'll up the weight a little.

That's it!

Next session will involve my choked #3.5 and some static holds.

So my plan is 1 session Vulcanwork parallel work and holds/negatives, 1 session 'lighter' repwork on my gripmachine, 1 session COC's, parallel and holds.

Let's see what this will do.

Ok..sorry, didn't manage to keep my log up to date....

since the last time the following:

core of workouts next to overall body training:

20-05 Holds and negatives with my choked Vulcan, around level 18 gold spring;

23-05 the same;

25-05 Gripmachine, 5 x 5 reps (every rep performed as a single..makes sense?) 62,5 kg at 3 cm handle distance. Quite taxing!

I think that the gripmachine will make some serious difference. In a few weeks I'll mix things up and do the negatives on my gripmachine and the repwork with my Vulcan. I'm going to approach the COC's more as testing grippers and not so much as actual trainingtools.

And I'm trying to do the mental thing Mighty Joe explained. Thanks Joe! hahaha!

Bench, triceps and grip.

After warm up:

Vulcan level 18 gold spring, both hands, handles choked: forced closed and holds: R 2 x 10 secs. closed, 1 x 6 secs closed;

L 1 x 8 secs closed, 2 x 4 secs closed;

Vulcan level 15 gold spring, choked, R 2 x singles closed! A bit slow because of the three holds, but surprisingly closed! 1x single miss, but forced closed and hold;

L 3 x holds, completely closed, 10 secs.

That's it, monday same session, wednesday gripmachine again, single hand repwork.

this routine feels good. I'll give it a few weeks.

Been busy, so updating my log isn't my strongest point...oh well, just two sessions behind:

Monday some static hold work with my choked Vulcan, gold spring level 18. 2 x 10 secs and 1 x 8 secs R, L a bit less and after that holds on level 16 with L.

I'm not working on exhausting my hands, just getting the edge of my strength level so I can recover more easy.

Today:

Gripmachine, 5 x 5 65 kg's R, handle distance of 3 cm;

5 x 5 63,5 L, same distance.

Last two reps of both L and R sets got very difficult, so I had to assist with the other hand. So those are not accounted for.

Again, no maxing out, although these kind of reps performed as strict as possbible, do give plenty or workout!

Grip was combined with overall body training. BTW Got a power station last saturday for pullups, dips, abs, and pushups. Great thing, specially for ab work (leg raises), and dipwork.

Ok...back to business...monday night adjecent buildings direct to my house caught fire...they suspect 2 guys threw something burning into a pizzeria that is situated in one of those building...apparently they had some issues with the owner...but the #$%%*!!! didn't give a damn about playing with human lives...

no one got injured luckily enough and my house was spared but it was THAT close or I lost my house..luckily me my wife and kids are ok...but leaving your house in the middle of the night with your daughters in your arms is VERY emotional afterwards...Fire started aroudn 02.00 am and lasted till 06.00...been up all night, just walking around my house...pfff most intense situation in my life I can tell you guys..

I've put a link here

My link

The silhoutte of the house in front of the flames is my house....you can see how close the flames were...pffff..this is afterwards...

My link

The two orange roofs are my house....close call!

So I tried to do some training today...focus on some static holds...but I've got to find my groove back a little...hahaha figures!

Police is still searching...if I could only get my hands on one of the guys who did this...heh heh heh....

Edited by Geralt

Friday 10-06:

Overall body work, trying to get my groove back after the whole fire thing, also getting a new carport build, so a lot of work besides work and family..pfff

Grip: Vulcan static holds, level 18 - 19 Gold spring R and L, L opens quicker because of strength difference compared to my R hand...

L Choked #3, attempts, turned into negative, 3 x;

R and R IM#3.5 MMS, forced closed and turned into negative, 3 x.

Today:

Overall body work (bench, dips, chinups and abs)

Grip: Vulcan level 15 straphold 6 secs 0,5 kg R 1x;

Vulcan level 14 straphold 5 secs 0,5 kg L 1x;

Im #3.5 MMS attempts L and R, fail, but forced closed and turned into negatives, 3 attempts, combined with the strapholds.

Yesterday besides bench, triceps and abs:

GRIP

Warmup TNS #1 L and R

MMS #3.5 L and R, forced closed and turned into negatives;

Static holds Vulcan level 19 R and 17 L, forced closed and holds;

Ended with rep work: 3 x 5 reps choked filed #2.5, concentration on explosive closes, difficult because of the earlier heavy holds and MMS, but they went ok.

Well, pretty much the same as last session. Actually, only thing different in this session is that I did

two closes with my choked IM#3 R between the last #3.5 MMS and the rep work with the #2.5, and one close L.

about 4 weeks till my vacation, I'm still working on a plan to fill my last four weeks, when I go on vacation, I'll take a complete

griprest and after that I'll try to CCS my IM#3...

• 2 weeks later...

Here I am again! Sorry for not posting so long, guys, I really felt there was nothing to report. I've doing a lot as mentioned in my earlier posts, but there seems to be some stalling in training. VERY demotivational. So I need a change. I'm familiar with a lot of training techniques but what I need is an direction in which I have to use them.

So I figured I do to much with grippers alone. I also did a LOT of static work, holds etc. They made me stronger indeed, in static work, holds etc. End. I need more power in the parallel work, first part of the sweep isn't the problem, so I figure.

What my plans are:

More work for buffing up my arms, especially my forearms:

* Wristcurls, strict, one arm at a time, using my loadingpin and a 'horseshoe' handle (handle rotates, so that works great);

* Wristroller work;

* Parallel set gripper work just above average #3 level;

* Gripmachine, using my fingertips more for closing instead if the middle part of my fingers (know what I mean?).

In about two weeks I'm going on vacation so I have some time now to see what routine I'm going to throw this in and after my vacation

I'll start this new workouts.

I'm just a slight distance away from CCS my #3 but my strength level seems to go up and down lately.

Edited by Geralt

• 3 weeks later...

In case you're wondering, I'm on vacation now hahaha in France...no grippers with me..just a few pushup stands.

Two weeks of rest will do me good me thinks.

I'll be back with a vengeance!

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok! I'm back from vacation, had a long drive the day before yesterday, 15 hours of driving with caravan. Phieuw. hahaha

So decided to start with some light training yesterday evening. Although my body was a bit tired, I felt fresh.

Squats, grip and light bench with abs.

Squats, ass to the ground slow down, explosive up!

1 x 10 x 50 kg

4 x 10 x 70 kg

Grip:

Vulcan gold spring

Level 3, 1-1

5 x 1 L&R

Level 12, 4-4

5 x 1 closed R MM set, slightly wider;

3 x 1 closed L the same, 2 x nearly closed, just 1 mm or so.

L and R Level 18, 6-6 forced close, turned into negative.

Still some strength left in the tank.

After that light bench, 1 x 10 x 50 kg, 3 x 10 x 70 kg.

and abs. That's it. Easing into training again, had some PM's with WAM, also member here. He was right, I was doing to much and lost my goal.

No more choker work, to much negatives, etc.

Just back to basics. Will get my goal this year. CCS #3.

Great Training log, I'll be following your progress and cheering you on. We got this.

Where did you take your Holidays ? Did you cross Belgium ?

Nice to see you back on track !

Hey buddy! How are you! Had my holidays in France, the Ardeche, but on the way there to France I went through Liege around zeven o clock AM and on my way back

at ten PM hahaha....btw, from Luxembourg on I forgot to fuel my car en only had 20 KM's radius left when we reached Bastogne! Phiew! Man those roads over there are

EMPTY! hahahaha!

Today's training:

Bench (light) weighted dips, abs. Still free from work, so some rest for the body is good I reckon.

Grip:

Warm up with Vulcan gold spring:

Level 3 (1-1) L and R 4 cons. reps CCS: closed;

Level 13 (4-5) R 5 x 1 MMS all closed! Jeeeeaaaaah! hahaha;

Level 12 (4-4) L 3 x 1 closed, 2 x 1 very, very near, helped with other hand closing;

Level 18 (6-6) R 2 x 1 tried MMS, forced closed and turned into negative, eyeballs out;

Level 16 (5-5) L 2 x 1 tried MMS, samo.

filed COC #2.5, had it still in a choker, 5 cons. reps L and R. 4 good ones R and 3 left.

That's it. Felt good.

Only griptraining yesterday, but my right arm hurts a bit just above the elbow on the outside..it's not a tennisarm, I know, it's higher..

but it hurts because of the heavy setting work with my Vulcan. :angry: So I did one close level 14 Right finally and did some lighter rep

work on lower levels. Grrrrrr...taking rest for the weekend. Today I've been cutting a few trees in my garden this morning and that work didn't help btw...so enough for today. No training this weekend.

Yesterday evening new session.

Was very tired, sore throat, a bit sweaty..That can happen. Anyway:

lot of rep work, shoulders, chest and triceps...dips..abs..

Vulcan after warmup:

R 1 x level 14, closed, but just, so I did a level lower, 13 4 X 1 closed, all overcrushes

L 1 x level 12, closed, samo, 4 x 11.

Weak.

rep work level 9 L and R.

That´s it.

Edited by Geralt

Yesterday Vulcan and today some gripmachine work.

Vulcan L stays behind...level 12 MMS closed. couple of singles...

Vulcan R level 14 MMS 5 x 1 MMS closed.

Put a choker on it, as fast as I could some more closes level 14. Level 15 should be in reach again quite soon...

Gripmachine today:

Singles, also lifting from 20 - 30 mm handle distance both hands, then holds with one hand. Got up to 90 kg's but than hand started to open..

dropped weigth to 85 kg's and did a few single holds. Felt yesterday's session.

Next week I'll be going to 2 full gripsessions per week. And also supporting exc incl. hammercurls...but still have to be carefull with my right arm, heavy setting work

can feel a bit nagging in my bicep. Gripmachine work could help with that and put the stress on the hands instead of the arm.

Hey buddy! How are you! Had my holidays in France, the Ardeche, but on the way there to France I went through Liege around zeven o clock AM and on my way back

at ten PM hahaha....btw, from Luxembourg on I forgot to fuel my car en only had 20 KM's radius left when we reached Bastogne! Phiew! Man those roads over there are

EMPTY! hahahaha!

So you were less than 2 kms from my house. Hope your elbow will be OK soon.

I'll just have to be careful. But I'll keep on plugging away :tongue

Hey, do you live near the highway that goes through Liege?

The thought crossed my mind but because of time and the KM's with our caravan ahead

I decided it wouldn't be beneficial in doing a gripsession together :upsidedwn

Vulcan L & R warmup level 3: 1 x 5

Vulcan L level 12 1 x 1 closed mms;

Vulcan R level 14 1 x 1 closed mms;

Vulcan l level 13 4 x 1 vn / vvn choked;

Vulcan R level 15 4 x 1 vvn.

Felt I did training with gripmachine yesterday, so it didn't feel that bad.

Negatives 1 x level 18 R 1 x level 16 L.

I noticed holds are not my weak point, it's that last point halfway past parallel. I have to focus on explosiveness.

So that was 3 days of gripwork. At least one or two days rest now.

Next session again gripmachine and assistance work. After that, three or four days rest .

And some light bench work / abs/ etc. nothing fancy.