Quest For Gripstrength Starting With Gripper #3

Geralt

Last Wednesday, May 25th. 

Wendler 531 cycle 2, week 3, DL & Bench. Assisting: Chins & Dips. 

After 8 weeks of this setup I feel stronger. I didn't attempt PR's in 1rm , but I notice more ease in in performing the reps. My basestrength has definitely improved. I also try to watch my food intake, which makes me more aware of what I eat both quantity and quality. I'm doing it right I guess since people in my surroundings are starting to make remarks now on 'hey, you training more?'. 

Also attempted to lift my 55lbs blob but no solid lifts. Probably having a few lighter blobs would help. too expensive at this point. Gotta save for other things now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Geralt said:

Last Wednesday, May 25th. 

Wendler 531 cycle 2, week 3, DL & Bench. Assisting: Chins & Dips. 

After 8 weeks of this setup I feel stronger. I didn't attempt PR's in 1rm , but I notice more ease in in performing the reps. My basestrength has definitely improved. I also try to watch my food intake, which makes me more aware of what I eat both quantity and quality. I'm doing it right I guess since people in my surroundings are starting to make remarks now on 'hey, you training more?'. 

Also attempted to lift my 55lbs blob but no solid lifts. Probably having a few lighter blobs would help. too expensive at this point. Gotta save for other things now. 

14uvxz.jpg

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Geralt said:

image.jpeg

Damn!  I only ever heard of such a thing in stories! :)

• Like 1

Nice guys! :D

Well this coming week deload week of 531 before starting a new cycle, 

Busy weekend, will do grip probably beginning next week. 

Warm today, a bit oppressive weather. Trained outside. 

BW squats, 4 x 20. 
Grippers after warming up: 

2 x 2 CCS IM#2.5 (around 130 lbs)
4 x 2 CCS filed RB240 (135 lbs before filing), short term goal, working up to sets of 3 solid reps BTR
1 x 8 MMS IM#2.5

Hammer levering; 
10kg plate curls 4 x 10. Mixed these up with the Ab wheel rollouts. 

Ab wheel rollouts from the knees since long time; 
4 x 20 Kettlebell swings. 

Second gripperworkout this week. I keep my gripperwork short and I seem to be getting a better basestrength. 

Warming up to IM#2 TNS; 
IM#2.5  2 x 3 CCS; 
IM#3  2 x 1 CCS; 
BBE 2 x 1 MMS, second time deep set, lost strength
IM#3.5 2 x 1 Deep set and tried to hold closed. 

Filmed a few closes. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAA-ph-zcqE&feature=youtu.be

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grind said:

What does the BBE rate? 

169lbs by Cpw

Maybe this can help you on your quest to certify on the Nr 3 Gripper 

With this you have the opportunity to microload this setup as shown in the picture ist for finger dominant work turn it around and it is palm dominant work 

Shown in the picture is a filed 3.5

20160605_155434-1.jpg

• Like 1

Palm dominant work

You only have to put a pipe on the gripper and attach a hook on the other side 

All the best and greetings from Austria 

20160331_113350.jpg

• Like 1

This is very interesting. Thank you man, I sent you a PM. 

^Well, that's the beauty of this board, having a lot of friendly folks helping each other out and thinking along with my and other people's journey. Thank you guys for reading my tedious log haha

Rest week over, I was supposed to be doing low volume and 60% max weights at the most, but I just used last week for complete resting up and catching up with other chores around the house. 

New cycle (3th) of 531 Wendler approach, four workouts combined into two, let's see how long I can keep that up when the weights go up higher. 
Main lifts: Back squat and barbell shoulderpress. 
Assistance: Frontraises with barbell and rear foor elevated split squats. These truly blast the quads. Also hard to find the right balance. Doing them without added weight for now. 
Additional: Ab-wheel from the knees and seated 10kg plate curls. Also did these last week, forgot to mention them. Had to cram everything pretty tight, everything done before work. 

Also got an Instagram account btw, don't know if I like it, but since a lot of guys are doing this, it's probably nice for ramping stuff up to SJ4 next year!
You can find me on @Geraltimus . 

Edited by Geralt

3 hours ago, Grind said:

Instagram is private. 
Good luck with the wendler cycle. 

Ha, klopt inderdaad. Social media scherm ik altijd af, maar dat geldt wel voor de meesten die ik volg op Instagram en FB overigens. 

Cycle 3, week 1 531, Trapbar & flat bench.

combined with fatgripz all sets. Wristwork and wristcurls. Funny arms now lol

Last days I had unbelievable sore arms because of the fatgripz DL combined with the wristcurls I guess. The last mentioned exercise is a real widowmaker for my lowerarms mostly. 

Last Saturday I had still very sore arms so I just did one set of TNS reps with my filed #1, with 53 reps it was enough. Good for bloodflow, which seem to help. 

Today, Cycle 3, week 2 531, backsquats and shoulders. Also worked RT and wrists. Shoulderstuff got a bit compromised because of time. 
Noteworthy that I got decent air under 82kg / 180,7 lbs with the RT, which is a PR for me. I am putting some focus off from grippers and will concentrate a bit more on open hand strength. Won't hurt me that much I think. 

Busy week @ work so I'll see where I can do my next workout this week.  

Edited by Geralt
  • Like 3

In my opinion definitely work your way up to 90 kg + with RT before training grippers again.

On 13 juni 2016 at 3:12 PM, Grind said:

Very nice RT Geralt!

Thnx dude, hope to build some strength to not make this a fluke. 

On 14 juni 2016 at 0:09 PM, Teemu I said:

In my opinion definitely work your way up to 90 kg + with RT before training grippers again.

90 kg isn't a sinecure on this thing, but with focused training next weeks I at least hope to get my base strength to the 80 kg level. 

Yesterday evening: 
Cycle 3, week 2, 531, Trapbar DL, assistance and grip. 
Trapbar, all sets with fatgripz, as I will continue to do so, this let's me work around sub max level also for open hand strength. 
Did the last set without fatgripz and with straps, as to let me have the benefit of the set for all over body and save my grip further for the Rolling Thunder. 
RT, submaximal working sets, will need to figure out what weights will suit me best. Did one near max lift, and 3 x 3 working. 

Assistance: Neutral grip chins, Logbar rows and EZ bar curls with globegripz. 

This morning: 
Bench, same cycle and week as mentioned before. Split my session up because of grip. 
Bench is slowly improving, last set relatively easy 90kg / 198lbs x 10. 
Assisting: BW dips 2 x 10, 1 x 8, Pulldowns overhand and underhand with homemade pulley. 

Edited by Geralt

New week, punching the clock. Sore throat, bad night sleep. Drag into garage. Do stuff. Go out. Shower. Work. 

Cycle 3, week 3. Squats and seated shoulderpress. Rear legged split squats with BW 4 x 10 for assistance. Shoulders no assistance due to time restriction. 
RT also punching the clock, nothing special to mention. singles, doubles and triples. Leverwork for the wrists. 

Edited by Geralt
  • Like 1

Cycle 3 week 3, trapbar DL & Bench. 

Changed DL up and went for straight bar Axle DL. Tried to follow my Trapbar DL workout but I needed to change that since of course when the weight goes up, the weight transfer is different in terms of neutral grip vs straight DO. 

Worked up to relatively easy 152kg/335lbs singles DO. Switched to trapbar and worked up to 172kg / 375lbs with Manusgrips. 
Ended with a 180kg triple regular grip Trapbar. 

Flat bench as prescribed, and dips @BW and 2 sets with 10kg weight vest. 
Some light sets of pinch work, but was getting pretty wasted. 

Not a bad workout since Monday was also open hand and that workout didn't go well at all. So you see, no way of telling how a workout will work out lol