First Gripper You Closed.

OTTOEMEZZO

When you first started to get interested in grip, what was the gripper you could close? I did CoC #1, just barely with right hand and almost with left.

i got one of those plastic ones over 20 years ago. forgot about grip til about 4 months ago. so i got those cheap Heavy Grips grippers. that planted the seed. now about a quarter inch off the #2. addicted now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was able to close the Trainer both hands for about a dozen reps. Then got the #1 a few months later and was able to close that for about 10 reps. Then got the #2 and wasn't able to close it for 9 months after getting it.

I was able to close the Trainer both hands for about a dozen reps. Then got the #1 a few months later and was able to close that for about 10 reps. Then got the #2 and wasn't able to close it for 9 months after getting it.

hi bencrush. can i ask you what age you were when you closed the #2? i'm 45 now.

hg150,then hg 200 closed both left and right. Bought the hg250 and closed it in 3 months. Just got back into grip again and got a 2.5 today and closed it

IM trainer for 3 hard reps, then a #1 for a single R/L.

First grippers I got were the trainer and #1 (2006). I could close the trainer both hands and could close the #1 left handed because my right was recouping from bending. My right hand was way too sore to give it a good go.

Didn't mess with them much then a couple years later I got the 1.5 and super advanced and could close those and also got the #2 and could close it with a deep set.

Did a little work with negative and in no time I could deep set one of my 2.5s and wide set my #2 and master.

One of these days I'll get with it and go for the #3.

Tim

Trainer with no set at all. I didn't know that you can set a gripper with other hand. Then #1 and #1.5 when I tried MMS for the first time.

Edited by Force

Got the T and #1 back in '99, could close the #1 for around 5-6 n/s reps both hands.

I got the T, 1 and 1.5 on the same day and closed all 3 with both hands. Two weeks later I got the 2, 2.5 and 3 and closed the 2 that day righty, got it lefty a couple times a day or two later then couldn't get it again for a couple weeks.

hi bencrush. can i ask you what age you were when you closed the #2? i'm 45 now.

I was 26 the first time I closed the #2.

#2 RH for me first time the day I got my grippers in, Trainer LH same day. I think I closed the #1 a few days later LH. I can do 2 finger I+M closes pretty easily now with that #2 RH and can almost get it R+P

- Aaron

I don't remember what year it was but maybe 2000 or so. I bought the COC #1 and #2 from IM. Closed them both - didn't know what a set was back then - I didn't find the Gripboard for a few years after that. I would have been a bit over 50 years old and probably weighed 185# or so (at 6' 2") as I was climbing pretty hard back then.

i think Hg 150 and 200, had to work to get the 250 and coc number 2 gripper

#2 right and left, no set. never tried a real gripper in my life except for a cool brass one my mom bought me once when i was a kid, but it was pretty easy.

rico

HG150 and 200. Was disappointed at how easy they were. Then got a CoC #3 and was excited about how hard it was (couldn't even get it to parallel).

Ordered #1, 1.5, and 2. Closed the #2 for 3 reps right and 1 rep left, right out of the package.

Ordered a T, 1 and 2 and closed the 2 relatively easy right and near miss left. Received my 2.5 within a couple of weeks of the others and closed it with the right for a few singles then couldn't do it again for another month or so.

Closed the #1 right off the bat. About 1/4" away from the #2. Took me about 2 months to close that gap. Then another 5mos or something to get my BBSM. Then about 2 years of consistent workouts to get my first #3 close.

• Like 1

A Trainer, Christmas, 1998 (age 44). Could not close the Number 1 (which was almost a 1.5).

Took about 6 months to close the easiest 2 I have ever touched, about 18 months for the hardest one. Another 6 years to close my first 3 ( a few days before turning age 53).

Had a pair of plastic handled grippers when I was in high school. Did endless reps on them. I forgot about them for about 20 years, and found them while cleaning out some boxes one day. That gave me a push to do an internet search for grippers, and the first thing I read on the internet was an article on Dave Draper's site about Matt Cannon going to visit Warren Tetting. The next day I bought a set of HG's off Ebay. Closed the HG250 the day they arrived, and was a good half-inch off the HG300. I immediately ordered some CoC's, and was able to close the #2 out of the package. Took me a couple months to close the #2.5, and another year or so to close the #3.

BTW - I kept that pair of plastic handled grippers. I even have the original box they came in. :D

had a crappy plastic one when i was 15 or 16. i'd use it every night berefore bed. at first i could get aout 80 right handed and 50 left. before long i was getting 500 with my right and about 450 left. then i thought this is pointless now and stopped.

my first real grippers were the HG series that i baught JUST befoe they included the 350 in the set. i closed the 250 right handed right out the box, i think i was 17 or 18, and closed it left about a week later

While visiting Italy my friend challenged me to close a CoC #1, couldn't get it to parallel. 2 weeks later I closed it, that started the addiction to grip training, now I can rep a #1 10 times R/L, Just repped a #1.5 for 5 each hand, and can just barely close a #2 on most days.