Any Takers On The #4 Ccs Cert? 500.00 Prize

1stCoC

We are getting ready for our annual Sorinex open house "Summer Strong" day of strength, bbq, and fellowship. After the success last year I would cordially like to invite any of my grip bretheren to attend. All the grip toys you have always heard about will be on hand and impromptu feats and record attemps will abound. In the spirit of my 59th birthday celebration and 48 years of grip strength involvement I would in addition like to offer a prize of 500.00 for the first one out there willing and successful in a officially sanctioned Ironmind certification of a #4 closing at the event. I know many out there are in great condition this time of year and it would provide a good opportunity for success. Any people interested in attending or trying the #4 need to do TWO things, RSVP richard@sorinex and FULLY arrange with Ironmind for the cert attempt on the 27th of June 2009 as per rules and regulations.We will provide the place and prize..you bring the horsepower! Thanking you all in advance for another year of joy watching the world of grip grow! You can see link attached for more information. Richard Sorin

VISIT US AT SORINEX.COM FOR MORE INFORMATION!!!!!!!

That looks like it's going to be FUN! To bad it's on my son's birthday, otherwise I'd be there.

I'll try the COC #4 in a few years. ;)

Michael

Sucks that all these big events are over in the States and also that i'm still to young to travel alone :( Would be amazing if someone managed to cert on the #4 over there, good luck to anyone planning to have a go at it!

We are getting ready for our annual Sorinex open house "Summer Strong" day of strength, bbq, and fellowship. After the success last year I would cordially like to invite any of my grip bretheren to attend. All the grip toys you have always heard about will be on hand and impromptu feats and record attemps will abound. In the spirit of my 59th birthday celebration and 48 years of grip strength involvement I would in addition like to offer a prize of 500.00 for the first one out there willing and successful in a officially sanctioned Ironmind certification of a #4 closing at the event. I know many out there are in great condition this time of year and it would provide a good opportunity for success. Any people interested in attending or trying the #4 need to do TWO things, RSVP richard@sorinex and FULLY arrange with Ironmind for the cert attempt on the 27th of June 2009 as per rules and regulations.We will provide the place and prize..you bring the horsepower! Thanking you all in advance for another year of joy watching the world of grip grow! You can see link attached for more information. Richard Sorin

VISIT US AT SORINEX.COM FOR MORE INFORMATION!!!!!!!

Not enough notice for me Richard otherwise I'd have focussed on this as opposed to Chad's event.

Steve, I know you would be on the short list of those in the running for the #4 ccs domination . Sorry it won't workout in your schedule! A sincere best of luck at Chads! RS

I'll be in attendance. Don't think I'll be ready to ccs a #4. I will be contacting Randall about a #3.5 ccs cert for that weekend if that is alright with you Richard. It will be a great weekend.

I hope someone will be able to do the CCS close. $500 is a big motivator, it may be enough for some of the #4 closers here to get that last 1/4 on a CCS! Best of luck to anyone who goes :rock

I hope someone will be able to do the CCS close. $500 is a big motivator, it may be enough for some of the #4 closers here to get that last 1/4 on a CCS! Best of luck to anyone who goes :rock

Would love to see a CCS on a #4 ! Maybe someone will come out of nowhere and just prove it can be done.

Best of luck to everyone!

I'll be in attendance. Don't think I'll be ready to ccs a #4. I will be contacting Randall about a #3.5 ccs cert for that weekend if that is alright with you Richard. It will be a great weekend.

Good luck with your cert :rock

None much toughher in mind or body than Andrew! We would be proud to host his 3.5 cert if arrangements for certification are scheduled.RS

This event has Paul Knight and Paul Savage written all over it...

Edited by coombsfh

Aw, hell, a 250.00 prize to ALL certifying officially 3.5 ccs Ironmind gripper as well on that day (June27) here at Sorinex. Please, if you are "in" contact me and Ironmind( be sure to make any required arrangements with them first!!) Now, lets have some fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RS

Damn it doesn't get any better than that, any of you 3.5 guys should go for this. I know that by next year Frank / Magnus would be able to do that no problem, he did close a 3.5 right out of the package. That kid is a freak in a very good way :rock

Best of luck at your gathering Richard, I hope it's successful and filled with good folk, food, and laughs. All the best from Canada!

This event has Paul Knight and Paul Savage written all over it...

I've pointed them both towards it. But it would cost PS the 500 in air fares alone.

that is what i was thinking. air fare from over the pond will

be a factor.

how about getting some airline sponsors? this would

require qualifying at home before the trip is covered.

this will take much work but it can be done.

how 'bout it. let's get creative, forget the box.

Edited by ControlledChaos

Two points...

I am not entirely sure what air miles are or whether they are transferable but that may be somehing to look into if someone has air miles they are not using.

Also, Mr Sorin - Are you able to shut a 3.5 or a 4 and if you do so on the day will you be rewarding yourself too? :happy

I have also got a friend with a father who works at heathrow, it is a long shot and she is mid exams but I ring and ask...

Edited by coombsfh

This is paul (does not let me sign in on steves computer)

Personally not interested in this one, 500 dollars would make for a loss in money due to flying over, but even if this was not the case, it's not enough time, i have not done any credit card set closes for months an still have a bruised palm. I would need to rest my palm for a couple more weeks then a 10-12 week training cycle just to be sure of an average #4 with a normal size spread. For the #4 cert i would fully expect to get a gripper around 4.3 with a spread of at least 3", so it's not happening yet an im not at all bothered about being the first guy to do it either. Ive also got plans for 3 strongman comps this year so all my efforts are working on winning those + i have other grip goals an dont plan on using ironmind grippers for a good while.

Good luck to rich williams, mark henry, brian shaw or whoever is planing to cert.

Have spoken to the friend whose father works in heathrow and she said that she can't (or rather he can't) help out.

She said that is is one thing for her to get a discount or free upgrade, quite another to hand out free flights. Sorry if i got any hopes up but at least i tried...

Where is Paul Savage anyways? He closed an HG500 a while back he might be able to cert on the #4.
This is paul (does not let me sign in on steves computer)

Personally not interested in this one, 500 dollars would make for a loss in money due to flying over, but even if this was not the case, it's not enough time, i have not done any credit card set closes for months an still have a bruised palm. I would need to rest my palm for a couple more weeks then a 10-12 week training cycle just to be sure of an average #4 with a normal size spread. For the #4 cert i would fully expect to get a gripper around 4.3 with a spread of at least 3", so it's not happening yet an im not at all bothered about being the first guy to do it either. Ive also got plans for 3 strongman comps this year so all my efforts are working on winning those + i have other grip goals an dont plan on using ironmind grippers for a good while.

Good luck to rich williams, mark henry, brian shaw or whoever is planing to cert.

Where is Paul Savage anyways? He closed an HG500 a while back he might be able to cert on the #4.

Try and keep up. :blink

I spoke with Rich and Tex about the chance of a #4 ccs closing at the open house. Both were introspective and have great respect for the #4. Both said "some days" the 3.5 is moderatly hard some days it just is like a brick. They both agreed the step from the 3.5 to the #4 is a huge one. I have not seen better "tools or talent" to do the 4 and if Rich and Tex have their doubts it will take one real special person to do it. In as much as I would love to see a #4 closed on my birthday I don't forsee it happening. Hopefully there are some out there with the ccs 3.5 certification in mind. I did see Rich come close with a non strapped 805 deadlift (pretty good grip test) and a 256 left handed new rolling thunder lift (his right hand was tired) RS