Rgc To Coc Converter App

acorn

I know it was discussed many times but I can't find the thread about it: how do you convert RGC to CoC numbers?

Let's say you calibrate a gripper to 167lb. What we use for a base #3 is 150lb, so subtract 150 from 167. Now divide that number by the difference between an

average #3 and an average #4 (which is 59lb). That gives you 0.288, which you then add to 3.00. You now have the CoC value of your gripper - 3.29.

Thanks, Frank! :rock

How does it work if I want to rate a gripper under a #3 or a #2 or even under a #1?

Also that tool can't convert decimal numbers, for example:

90.5 kg converts to 34,204 on the CoC-Scale!? :blink

I know it was discussed many times but I can't find the thread about it: how do you convert RGC to CoC numbers?

Let's say you calibrate a gripper to 167lb. What we use for a base #3 is 150lb, so subtract 150 from 167. Now divide that number by the difference between an

average #3 and an average #4 (which is 59lb). That gives you 0.288, which you then add to 3.00. You now have the CoC value of your gripper - 3.29.

How does it work if I want to rate a gripper under a #3 or a #2 or even under a #1?

90.5 kg converts to 34,204 on the CoC-Scale!? :blink

Decimals work okay for me. For 90.5, I got 3.83.

For grippers under 3, it works the same, but you use the values of the grippers in that range. I.e, a #2 is 110lb, and a #3 is 150, so if the gripper was 132lb, you'd divide 22 by 40 and get 0.55. So, your gripper is a 2.6. For #1-#2, you'd use 83 and 110lb.

Edited by Magnus

:blink

90.5 kg converts to 34,204 on the CoC-Scale!?

Huh :blink

only way I could get it to show like what your saying is if you left out the decimal and put in 905Kg. works fine for #1 and up. will not do under #1 it shows up as a zero. PM me if you need to and we can work it out.

- Aaron

For grippers under 3, it works the same, but you use the values of the grippers in that range. I.e, a #2 is 110lb, and a #3 is 150, so if the gripper was 132lb, you'd divide 22 by 40 and get 0.55. So, your gripper is a 2.6. For #1-#2, you'd use 83 and 110lb.

Thanks, Frank!

only way I could get it to show like what your saying is if you left out the decimal and put in 905Kg. works fine for #1 and up. will not do under #1 it shows up as a zero. PM me if you need to and we can work it out.

- Aaron

90.5 kg and 905kg both convert to 35,204 on the CoC-Scale. I also tried some other numbers and it's always the same problem. It seems like dots are simply ignored.

Thanks, Frank!

- Aaron

90.5 kg and 905kg both convert to 35,204 on the CoC-Scale. I also tried some other numbers and it's always the same problem. It seems like dots are simply ignored.

Does the . show up when you enter it or are you using a , for the decimal?

- Aaron

AC, it must be a country setting thing.

The lower textbox (CoC scale) works fine when using a , : Screen Shot 1

Its faulty when using a . : Screen Shot 2

The upper text box (Measured weight) also works faulty when using the . : Screen Shot 3

AND it obviously filters the ','-Key Events so that if you enter 9-0-,-5 is shows 905.

Just allow the , key in the lower textbox and it will work fine.

Hope that helps.

AC, it must be a country setting thing.

The lower textbox (CoC scale) works fine when using a , : Screen Shot 1

Its faulty when using a . : Screen Shot 2

The upper text box (Measured weight) also works faulty when using the . : Screen Shot 3

AND it obviously filters the ','-Key Events so that if you enter 9-0-,-5 is shows 905.

Just allow the , key in the lower textbox and it will work fine.

Hope that helps.

Yep, I was thinking it must be a country thing and yes I was filtering text in the upper box for ascii character numbers related to 0-9 and . I will add , character and recompile. I'll let you guys know when its done. Thanks Franky.

- Aaron

Code adjusted to allow for the , character as a decimal for country specific character sets. If you need this please re-download tool and let me know if it is working for you now.

- Aaron

Works!

Thanks.

Nice little app btw.

• 2 years later...

Always working on something! Good stuff Aaron!

Zach - isn't this thread from 2009? I'd say it's vintage goodness ;-).

Zach - isn't this thread from 2009? I'd say it's vintage goodness ;-).

Oh snap..... lol

Love the app Aaron. Can you make an adjustment for stricter number calibrations like Eric's? :grin: He has told me his number's are the lowest. Ok that was a kind of silly thread addition, sorry all who are annoyed.