Frank's Log

Magnus

Tuesday, 4/28/09

Note to self: don't take allergy meds before lifting.

T-bar rows:

210 x 8

278 x 12

278 x 12

210 x 12

Barbell rows:

260 x 5

260 x 5

260 x 5

260 x 5

260 x 5

V-bar push-downs:

50 x 12

50 x 12

103 x 8

103 x 8

Wide-grip skull crushers:

108 x 8

108 x 8, drop set to 88 x 13 (not to failure)

88 x 10

Edited by Magnus

Wednesday, 4/29/09

Very light/short deadlift workout today...going for a big PR next week.

260 x 6

314 x 2

404 x 1

404 x 1, DO

I'm taking a week or so off from lifting (hence no posts yesterday) cuz I'm seeing some definite signs of overtraining...which, come to think of it, I lift five days a week, and haven't had a rest week in about 13 weeks so...:D

I'm taking a week or so off from lifting (hence no posts yesterday) cuz I'm seeing some definite signs of overtraining...which, come to think of it, I lift five days a week, and haven't had a rest week in about 13 weeks so...:D

Good idea. I believe you will hit a nice PR in the deadlift after a week of rest!

Good idea. I believe you will hit a nice PR in the deadlift after a week of rest!

Thanks Adam, hope so :D

Sunday, 5/10/09

Decided to try for a new max dead.

Warm-up:

212 x 4

300 x 2

385 x 1

Max:

450 x 1, PR

Pretty happy with this. Came up relatively easy. Going to try for either 454 or 460 on Wednesday. I'm aiming to have 500 up by the end of summer, and 550

by the end of the year.

Edited by Magnus

Sunday, 5/10/09

Decided to try for a new max dead.

Warm-up:

212 x 4

300 x 2

385 x 1

Max:

450 x 1, PR

Pretty happy with this. Came up relatively easy. Going to try for either 454 or 460 on Wednesday. I'm aiming to have 500 up by the end of summer, and 550

by the end of the year.

youll do it, if i remember correctly it took me almost a year of not really trying just doing my workout to go from 475 to 500. for the first time.

try this if you want to , squat twice as much as you deadlift. i think it was rex that said that after that last max he posted a little wile ago at comp, read that post if you can find it. it workes for me when put into use.

rico

youll do it, if i remember correctly it took me almost a year of not really trying just doing my workout to go from 475 to 500. for the first time.

try this if you want to , squat twice as much as you deadlift. i think it was rex that said that after that last max he posted a little wile ago at comp, read that post if you can find it. it workes for me when put into use.

rico

I'd try it, but I don't have a squat rack as of yet. John's offered me one, though, which I'm going to pick up the first chance I get. But, for right now, deads are my squats. Although, I've been managing to add at least 5lb a week right now, so it seems

to be going pretty well for right now.

Pinch

Messed around with a bunch of different widths today:

3-10s width:

+24lb (54 total) Warm-up, 3 timed holds per hand, ending with a 20 sec hold

+44lb (74 total) a few reps per hand

2-10s width:

Worked up to 64lb total, each hand

2-25s + weight:

74lb x both

80 x 1 very high pull + hold, left hand, and decent air right hand

83 x decent air, both hands

Passed 83 back and forth a few times

Sledge hammer finger walks to finish it up, then some contrast baths.

Alright, rest's up :)

Thursday, 5/14/09

Barbell curls:

Felt really strong on these tonight. Form was the best it's ever been on the heavy sets; pretty decent form. Felt more like 120-ish. Not sure whether that's from the 2-week rest, or the 5 cups of regular coffee I had pre-workout.

114 x 6 (very strict)

144 x 6

144 x 6

144 x 5

134 x 5

100 x 10 (very strict)

Full db hammer curls:

60 x 6

60 x 8

50 x 8

Lateral raises:

50 x 10

50 x 10

Shoulders felt all outta whack tonight :dry Decided to save them for the NGBP I'll be doing tomorrow.

Edited by Magnus

I really think you should invest a power rack. Squats are the best exercise to do before doing a grip session, deads are ok but there is the element of them taxing your grip first. The idea of having tree trunk legs is another reason to start squatting.

5 cups of regular coffee I had pre-workout

Ha ha.. it works just as well as any of the latest pre workout supplements out there.

I really think you should invest a power rack. Squats are the best exercise to do before doing a grip session, deads are ok but there is the element of them taxing your grip first. The idea of having tree trunk legs is another reason to start squatting.
5 cups of regular coffee I had pre-workout

Ha ha.. it works just as well as any of the latest pre workout supplements out there.

Yeah, I notice that about deads. I usually wait about an hour or so before hitting grip after that.

Friday, 5/15/09

Narrow-grip bench press:

115 x 12

165 x 12

235 x 5

235 x 5

215 x 5

215 x 4

Wide-grip skull crushers:

108 x 8

108 x 8

108 x 6

90 x 8

Edited by Magnus

Strong triceps. Nice.

Thanks, Sam :) I'm actually trying to catch up to your numbers, for right now :D

Tuesday, 5/19/09

Ezbar curls, wide-grip:

92 x 6

118 x 6

151 x 6

148 x 5

148 x 5

Reverse ezbar curls, narrow grip:

118 x 8

118 x 8

Barbell 21s, straight bar:

2 sets of 97lb

Bench-press:

Decided to do a 5x5 before starting the WL again.

225 x 5

225 x 5

225 x 5

225 x 5

225 x 5

Nice bench volume. What's your bodyweight these days dude?

Nice bench volume. What's your bodyweight these days dude?

Thanks, Sam! Not used to benching 5x5. Felt good, though. I'll use 5x5 more often, now.

Bodyweight was exactly 250 this morning.

Wednesday, 5/20/09

Deadlifts:

114 x 5

214 x 5

314 x 3

450 x 1 - was supposed to be 460. Ticked that I wasted a good PR pull, but this felt pretty easy.

404 x 5

404 x 1

384 x 3

Barbell rows:

260 x 5

260 x 5

260 x 5

260 x 5

260 x 5

frank

i think you may be doing to many sets with your deads, have you ever tried more weight and less sets after you warm up? it looks like your using up all your power with all the set work your doing. is that a football program maby? im just saying because your barbell rows are so strong, but it seems you are struggling with the deads.

ps get the squat rack yet?

Parris

250! Frank you're gettin massive mate. :rock

strong deads pretty sure you've got 500 in you by now for a double BW pull!

Edited by CoC#3

frank

i think you may be doing to many sets with your deads, have you ever tried more weight and less sets after you warm up? it looks like your using up all your power with all the set work your doing. is that a football program maby? im just saying because your barbell rows are so strong, but it seems you are struggling with the deads.

ps get the squat rack yet?

Parris

Nah, not a football program or something (I've been homeschooled, so I've never played football or anything, actually :laugh). The reason I didn't pull 460 that day was because I accidentally loaded 450 instead of 460, and since that came up easy, I just decided to just pull alot of heavy sets and make a workout out of it. I've actually been doing this basic dead routine for a few weeks, now. Took my max from like 420 (?), to where I am now. So far I've been adding a solid 5-10lb a week.

Still gotta pick up those stands (John's gonna think I'm nuts :D) Just been way to busy around here to go up and get them, though.

250! Frank you're gettin massive mate. :rock

strong deads pretty sure you've got 500 in you by now for a double BW pull!

Thanks, Sam! I'm hoping to hit 500 by the end of summer.

Edited by Magnus

Friday, 5/29/09

Decided to attempt a max today. Jolly :D

Bench-press:

215lb x a few paused reps

265lb x 1

285lb x 1

301lb x 1, PR

Booyah :cool

Good job Frank! Ypur movin up!

Rico

Guest Bullitt

Awesome job Frank!!!! As with grippers, I'm behind you a bit. Almost got 280 yesterday, but couldn't lock it out. You should join Hammy, Goody, Aaron, and I in the bench press race.

Friday, 5/29/09

Bench-press:

265lb x 1

285lb x 1

301lb x 1, PR

It's nice to see after talking to you today, that you got a new PR :rock I knew you had 300 in you

Awesome job Frank!!!! As with grippers, I'm behind you a bit. Almost got 280 yesterday, but couldn't lock it out. You should join Hammy, Goody, Aaron, and I in the bench press race.

Thanks, Mike! That'd be awesome! Of coarse, if Aaron's in it, it means we all lost :tongue

Friday, 5/29/09

Bench-press:

265lb x 1

285lb x 1

301lb x 1, PR

It's nice to see after talking to you today, that you got a new PR :rock I knew you had 300 in you

"I was on the phone with John Eaton...and now I've got the power!" :yikes