Blackdog's Workout Log

Blackdog

Tomorrow I will break a personal record with the Rolling Thunder.... I can feel it... Goodnight Grip peeps

• Like 1

Well, I am still alive. Something come up in my life and all gripwork items will need to go. So get ready for the big sale!!!

'Times they are a changin'. It was fun but sometimes one needs to make a 90 degree turn.

I will post with items soon has I get ready to be packed etc.

Bryce

This quote is when I found out my body had Lyme Disease and all the symptoms I was experiencing was extremely scary. I went to a very dark place in my mind..... I have been fighting for years and I am winning. I'm back working out and getting very strong. I feel good! I am only mentioning this for those that have similar issues or things they are working out! Keep on keeping on! This world is for growing and learning.

• Like 4

Tomorrow I will break a personal record with the Rolling Thunder.... I can feel it... Goodnight Grip peeps

This didn't happen because I did sledgework before... lol

So I received new fatgrips from CPW. I will play with these on my rolling thunder days, which is twice a week, and also on my dead and squat days, which is 3 times a week.

I played with the fatgrips a little today... I think I'm in love!! Fun stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Today was pinch grip, core and running day.

Ran/ Walk a good half hour

Side Planks, Incline situps

Hub pinching 50 lbs on 45s with added weight and held for time

Pinched two 25s with added 5 lbs and held for time

• 3 weeks later...

I'm posting this to see what your views are on this. Maybe poke holes in what I am doing or tips etc.

My gripwork program:

-I work grip 6 days a week. It's implemented into my full body circuit training throughout the week.

-Monday, Thursday: Supporting grip

Rolling Thunder 3 @ 5 sets,

Fatgrips on dumbell lift 3 @ 5 sets

25 lb sledgehammer on tractor tire work.... 10 hits with each hand @ 5 sets

" " - wrist work with hammer

-Tuesday, Friday: Pinch Grip

45lb hub lifting with added weight ... 3 @ 5 sets each hand

25lb plates with added weight - 3 @ 5 sets each hand

-Wednesday, Saturday: Crushing Grip

Gripper - singles, doubles and holds with many grippers

Titans Telegraph - 5 @ 5 sets for two different movements on each thumb

All my grip work I work the opposing muscles in the hand after exercise. So extensors are being worked throughout all this a lot!!! I stretch regularly too. So far I have been keeping away from injury, I used to get tennis elbow a lot. I feel this program is really working my hands at a constant progression without injury. I use my hands all the time because I am a massage therapist.

Any tips or thoughts will be appreciated. I feel my crushing strength is increasing the slowest but it is increasing. I have not done choker work on grippers yet.

Cheers

Bryce

Well.... Tomorrow is pinch grip day!!!!! My favorite day... Tomorrow is already here (I'm up late)... So in several hours PARTY TIME!!! :mosher:mosher

• Like 1

Hey!!!! :)

I've done this several times before with more ease and held for time. Anyways just wanted to record this. More feats to come

• Like 1

Today is pinch grip and running.

I think today I will record another personal record on hub lifting!.... yeah... that's what I'll do!!!!

• Like 1

This happened tonight!!! :)

Today is pinch grip and running.

I think today I will record another personal record on hub lifting!.... yeah... that's what I'll do!!!!

and I did!!!!

• Like 3

So... as mentioned before Hub Lifting is my fav grip thingy. I just like the feeling of using my hand as a claw. This is my recent recorded personal record. I'll have double 55 soon... then on to 60.

Today I did crushing grip. Smacked a 117 CPW gripper which is new for me. Just ordered Cadence Gripper training from Diesel also. My supporting and pinch is slowly moving up but I want to take my crushing up another notch. Lets see how the Cadence training goes.

Here's my recent record..

Today is supporting grip and running day. I'm not exactly excited about the running part but I am excited about supporting grip.

Fat grips

Rolling Thunder

Sledgehammer fun

:)

skipped running

5 sets of 3 - Rolling Thunder 155 lbs

5 sets of 10 - Sledgehammer pounding on tractor tire

Did many maneuvers with sledgehammer after each set

5 sets of 3 - 120lb dumbbell with fatgrip - pull up to full extension

Today another grip feat will be recorded. I personal record. I can feel it in my veins

• Like 2

Tomorrow I start on Jedd's Cadence gripper training.... Let's see what this is all about.

Currently the highest gripper I can close is #117 CPW

Tomorrow I start on Jedd's Cadence gripper training.... Let's see what this is all about.

Currently the highest gripper I can close is #117 CPW

Change of plans today... I'm going to take 3 days off of all grip to test grip strength on Tuesday and then start knew gripper program. I will keep my pinch and supporting grip going throughout the week because I like how I am progressing with that.

So tonight I introduced the biggest powerlifter in our gym to The Rolling Thunder. He never touched it before and pulled 210 lbs on it!!! I was impressed. He is a big guy. He pinched two 35s too! He never worked on grip, but he is a big deadlifter. I told him about the Gripboard so he might jump on at some point.

• 10 months later...

Shazam!!!!  I'm back at it again!  Been gripping for a while but off and on and now getting serious again.  I was hardcore for a while then I got Lyme Disease. 7 years of that and bam!!... knocked it out.  It's been a year now of no symptoms.  Been doing some cleanses to clean out my system from years of antibiotics.  I did so many things to and experimented on my body to knock it out, herbs etc etc etc.  Anyways, back to the original topic...GRIP!!! Feeling good.  Biggest feat currently is picking up 45 lb hub lifting with 15 extra pounds...total of 60.  Starting to get back into grippers. And am dreaming about the Inch, so I bought Wrist Wrench and am in the process looking for a used FBBC Crusher 2.5.  Some of my items were stolen at the gym... grrr!!!... ..  New owners and better security now so it's all good.   So just saying hi to y'all.  I'm going to try to check in here at times more regularly.

• Like 1

I've broken this personal record of mine.  I need to video it.  

• Like 1

Feels good to get back into gripping.  I just ordered The Hub, The Short Bastard Loading Pin, and the 2.5 Crusher.

Today was aerobic..  I do two of those a week.  Powerwalking, running and kettlebells.

Excited about new toys I bought recently.

1.   TTK, my old one was stolen at the gym

2.  Wrist Wrench is coming in the mail.

3.  FBBC - Short loading pin

4. FBBC -The Hub

5. FBBC - 2.5 crusher

6. Ironmind extensor bands

7. Ironmind big gym tote bag

:D:D:D (This post was worth 3 smiles)

• Like 1

Did gripper workout today, plus started with the TTK again (just bought one from Jeff Parker, mine was stolen a while back).  Did expand bands extensor work.  Feeling strong.  I have a cool routine for grip.  Let's see how this all pans out! :rock

Here is my basic schedule of working out.  I have no off days but I mix things up. 7 days a week.  I recognize working out is more for my mind than my body so working out is an everyday thing now.  It keeps me happy and balanced.

Day 1: Anaerobic:  Chest and back stuff.  Pinch grip (hub and pinching plates).  Expand bands.

Day 2: Anaerobic:  Arms, forearms, shoulders, pull ups.   Supporting grip ( 2.5 FBBC crusher, Wrist wrench.  Expand bands

Day 3.: Aerobic: Kettebells. Powerwalking and running

Day 4: Anaerobic:  Legs.  Crushing grip (TTK, Grippers). Expand bands

Day 5: Anaerobic:  Chest and back stuff.  Pinch grip (hub and pinching plates).  Expand bands.

Day 6: Aerobic:  Aerobic: Kettebells. Powerwalking and running

Day 7:  Anaerobic:  Arms, forearms, shoulders, pull ups.   Supporting grip ( 2.5 FBBC crusher, Wrist wrench.  Expand bands

etc etc etc

It's always 2 days Anaerobic then 1 day Aerobic 

Wrist Wrench came in the mail today. :D:rock   Excited!  I don't have a loading pin yet (stolen a while back), but I ordered one from FBBC and some other things.  Waiting for some more toys!!!!  Feels like Christmas.  lol  

I have a feeling that I am going to break a personal record with the hub pinch grip tomorrow.  Just a feeling.... and I'M FEELING IT!!!!  GRRRR :rock

I will try to get video.

Tomorrow is pinch grip day! :D

• Like 1