Whooa! First Timer Closed #3

petski

Earlier this week at the local gym a kid (YES a kid he´s only 17 y old) tried my grippers that i had with me there.I did now he had a good grip, cos i had hear that he can pinchlift a 50 kg/110 lbs rubber-coated barbell weiht with one hand. :blink

So i asked him if he want to try these (gripper) cos i heard you got a good grip,So first i give him the #2 ,holy cow he did grinde those handles together so i think he made them flat! :D

Next the #2.5 no problem there either together with a loud click, :blink ,and the kid just kept smiling.

the hardest i had with me was the Rb 210(calibrated 2.67)closed that too with no problem......geee :blush ,i have meny years of grip training and i still 1-2 mm away from that gripper.

Well have to take the #3 with me next time i said to him,cos you got world class grip strenght i told him...he´d just smile and said so????

Well 2 days after he´s there again so this time i´ll gave him the same grippers as before (to warm up a bit) then i give him the #3,well first try he did not close it,ou this was a bit harder he said and smiled again,,,and all these closes he done before was almost No Set,cos this was the first-and second time he had seen real grippers.

Well for the next attempt i did show him a little how to place the gripper and to set it so he got the fingers on to the handle,and this time he did use all his power when he did know it was a hard thing he had in his hand. ;) .

YES AND THE KID DID CLOSE THE #3 :rock AT THAT attempt i could´t believe my eyes , :blink :blink ,and he´d just smile to me who standed there with my eyes wide open an mouth wide open too :happy:blush .

#3 calibrated 3.15 !!

Well i now this is hard ti believe so i have to try to get it on a video,own no camcorder,so i try ti film it with my digicam or mobilephone next time he´s around and play with my "easy " toy´s.or i just donate my grippers ti him :D .

Edited by petski

Don't you hate talented/gifted youngsters :D

Yeah !!felt like tossing all my grippers into the wastedumper and never touch a gripper again :) :) ,not as that was enough later that workout he lifted those 50 kg barbellplates(one in each hand) with a pinch grip ,up onto the benchpress bench.

I can´t get any air under that plate when i try lifting it like that.there is a semi rounded edge on those plates nothing really to get a god hold onto.

Yeah !!felt like tossing all my grippers into the wastedumper and never touch a gripper again :) :) ,not as that was enough later that workout he lifted those 50 kg barbellplates(one in each hand) with a pinch grip ,up onto the benchpress bench.

I can´t get any air under that plate when i try lifting it like that.there is a semi rounded edge on those plates nothing really to get a god hold onto.

Does that mean he can also benchpress over 120kg? Not bad for a kid. What's his bodyweight (approximately) ?

Btw is he Bruce Banner (hulk)'s son ? Cause that could explain many things.

I would bet with training that kid could be a #4 closer. :blink Doesn't that just make you sick. :dry

Eh, he's from Finland. They're naturally good at grip :D

That's awesome :rock

Edited by Magnus

No, I'm not jealous. Why would I be jealous? :(

That's awesome. I had a similar experience recently; I was with my family at Christmas, and showing them some grip stuff. I handed my #3 to my cousin, Tim, who pretty much lives at the gym. He has never touched a gripper before, and picks it up, TNS, and gets it way past parallel!! :blink :blink Oh well, some just have it easy........ :dry:D

Yes he´s quite big for his age,bw approximately 100-115 kg,dont know his regular benchrecord, he did 100 kg on the incl.benchpress that day :blink ,and that was the second time he did try inclineBP.so 120 kg in normal bench should be easy to him.

he had also lifted 220 in deadlift one day he said.

Yeah should close the #4 if he dedicated to grip.yeah hes from Finland :D ,a farmers son and have done a lot of work early so its plenty of raw strenght in that kid,just begun wisiting the gym lately.

See, hard physical work does give you a very strong grip. It could be possible for him to continue on to a WC with gripper training 2-3 times a week. Many people cannot close a #2 first try. My grip is considered strong in my school and still I have just worked into the 2.5 range after 4 months of consistent training.

Yes he´s quite big for his age,bw approximately 100-115 kg,dont know his regular benchrecord, he did 100 kg on the incl.benchpress that day :blink ,and that was the second time he did try inclineBP.so 120 kg in normal bench should be easy to him.

he had also lifted 220 in deadlift one day he said.

Yeah should close the #4 if he dedicated to grip.yeah hes from Finland :D ,a farmers son and have done a lot of work early so its plenty of raw strenght in that kid,just begun wisiting the gym lately.

:rock We'll hear about him soon if he'll train just a little.... :blink

i've found someone who has closed #2 after an armwrestling tournament... NO SET :bow

but somebody like them somebody not... so the time will answer.

Does that mean he can also benchpress over 120kg? Not bad for a kid. What's his bodyweight (approximately) ?

Btw is he Bruce Banner (hulk)'s son ? Cause that could explain many things.

Okay reading this one time more i think there is a little bit of missunderstanding, he did not lift them up to the bar with a pinchgrip,he did lift them with a pinch grip -one in each hand and deadlifted them up to the benchpr.bench onto the surface where you lie on when benching- and down again.! quite a feat anyway :)

Okay reading this one time more i think there is a little bit of missunderstanding, he did not lift them up to the bar with a pinchgrip,he did lift them with a pinch grip -one in each hand and deadlifted them up to the benchpr.bench onto the surface where you lie on when benching- and down again.! quite a feat anyway :)

I got that, but, anyway someone who brings two 50kg plates to the benchpress usually means to bench them. ;) Add the weight of the olympic barbell and you have a 120kg benchpress ! Pretty good for a 17 y old! And obviously pinchlifting those plates onto the bench is quite a feat in itself :rock

You should definitely introduce this boy to grip training. Why not be his coach petski ! :)

petski let me try to analyze from a different angle. The kid seems to be really good ,and the hard work has made him strong overall , with a good grip because usually at a farm you pick things up and the shape/content is tricky so it's hard.The kid closing the #3 straight has made you a little disappointed maybe regarding your state but let me tell you for me there is nothing like the satisfactions of all the hard work you need to put on achieving a goal.It makes the reward much more enjoyable , and I have always admired people who manage to come on top based more on hard work then talent.So keep on training hard and reach your goals!

• 1 month later...

That is awesome! He needs to get certified! Ironmind will donate money to the family of Jesse Marunde for every teenager that closes the #3 (certified).

That is awesome! He needs to get certified! Ironmind will donate money to the family of Jesse Marunde for every teenager that closes the #3 (certified).

Huh, I didn't know that. Well, I'm going for it this year, so there's a donation ;)

I am starting to wonder, not about the possibility of a first timer closing the #3, but about this story. Our topic maker has 9 posts, most of which are contained in this topic and still no updates or video proof. Just wondering...

I am starting to wonder, not about the possibility of a first timer closing the #3, but about this story. Our topic maker has 9 posts, most of which are contained in this topic and still no updates or video proof. Just wondering...

:( :(

sorry to read that.....first i own no videocam second i only visit the "gym" (only a free small basement type of place) now and then 2-3 times/month the kid mybee less so dont see him very often,i´m 40 yo he is 17 so we are no friends or so,3 i dont post much becouse my english is not so good and it take a lo= LOT of time to write(translate on the net often) here so i mainly read and dont post..... sorry you got that feeling that i´m lying !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :angry:

sorry to read that.....first i own no videocam second i only visit the "gym" (only a free small basement type of place) now and then 2-3 times/month the kid mybee less so dont see him very often,i´m 40 yo he is 17 so we are no friends or so,3 i dont post much becouse my english is not so good and it take a lo= LOT of time to write(translate on the net often) here so i mainly read and dont post..... sorry you got that feeling that i´m lying !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :angry:

Petski,

From a Moderator view, you are fine. There are countless members that post infrequently. Do not be overly concerned about it or that your integrity is questioned in this thread.

sorry to read that.....first i own no videocam second i only visit the "gym" (only a free small basement type of place) now and then 2-3 times/month the kid mybee less so dont see him very often,i´m 40 yo he is 17 so we are no friends or so,3 i dont post much becouse my english is not so good and it take a lot= LOT of time to write(translate on the net often) here so i mainly read and dont post..... sorry you got that feeling that i´m lying !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :angry:

Just wonder why the .... would i benefit from lying that a friend/youngster closed #3 first time actually second time he seen a gripper??

If I had write that I had closed the #3 the first time I tried i´d understand that someone questioned the feat.

And if I wanted fame and to show of ,why wait a year from being a member to write something like that?

Actually I had a membership here already in 2005 when I got my first gripper, but lost-forgot the nick/pass during a 1½ year break from grip training.

You almost break rule nr 1 with your post .and I would had break rule nr 4 if I would claim I did close the #3 first time/or closed it anytime without proof ,so if that rule goes for what another person did i´m sorry for not getting a video ,in fact I have not been in the gym at the same time with this kid since he closed the #3.

I could have put in a lot of ugly words in here defending myself, but I know they are straight here with their rules so I have no desire to get warned or banned because you so I let the case rest now.

Would have edited my last post but no edit button .did this in word pad first built in spell check-great !!

Edited by petski

Sorry if my post offended you, but I tend to be very suspicious. And there's nothing wrong with not posting often, it just means you have better things to do unlike some of us...and although you may not realize it, there's a lot of people who lie on the internet. I actually haven't really suspected or caught anyone lie on this site but it seems to be much worse on car forums or gaming forums. Grip strength sites tend to be more serious. Once again, sorry. I wasn't even sure if you were coming back but you did explain, so once again please don't be offended.