#3 Close

David_wigren

Today I managed to close the #3 with a mms. Wich is great for me because I'm more of a bender so I almost never do grippers. I use to do them quite often, but not for a long time. Although reacently I've used grippers as a form of a heavy warm up for bending.

Anyways here a link to the video

1 question how do one go about the mash monster cert. I now the ways for 1-2-3 etc but how do one become a MM0?

Nice close, looked easy enough ;-)

Great! :yikes ...........................and what does bra jobbat and tack mean - is that from a movie or something?

Thank you guys

Great! :yikes ...........................and what does bra jobbat and tack mean - is that from a movie or something?

Hehe not from a movie. It's in swedish. "Bra jobbat" means good job and "tack" means thank you

Nice bending of the spring :D Well done :rock

Today I managed to close the #3 with a mms. Wich is great for me because I'm more of a bender so I almost never do grippers. I use to do them quite often, but not for a long time. Although reacently I've used grippers as a form of a heavy warm up for bending.

Anyways here a link to the video

1 question how do one go about the mash monster cert. I now the ways for 1-2-3 etc but how do one become a MM0?

You should have submitted this vid to Wannagrip first for judging. If the judges pass it, then you become an MM0. Which then will qualify you for the MMG ladder.

Great close David! Not to nitpick but I think the set was a bit deep. I only mention it so you can finetune your MMS technique for future reference. Very strong man. Especially considering how much bending-specific training you're doing.

Lovely close David. Good strength.

You should have submitted this vid to Wannagrip first for judging. If the judges pass it, then you become an MM0. Which then will qualify you for the MMG ladder.

Ok, simple. I'll do that once I get a good videoof it again. thank you for your help

Great close David! Not to nitpick but I think the set was a bit deep. I only mention it so you can finetune your MMS technique for future reference. Very strong man. Especially considering how much bending-specific training you're doing.

Yes. It felt much wider while I was doing it. But when looking at the vid it is a bit deep.

I've heard that bending screws with the gripper performance. And I have noteced it myself. The past week or so training with grippers again, I have noticed that my gripper strength is fluctuating alot. The worst attempt was almost 1/2 away from closed. And the best attempt was probably the one I got on tape. But it is steadily increasing so hopefully I'll be able to close it with a little wider set within the next few weeks. It would be smart for me to back of from bending during the next weeks, but that's never gonna happen :D

I know what you mean with backing off of something (bending) that you're so good at, haha. Glad you didn't take my comments negatively because they were meant in a positive manner.

Now that's what I call a good hard squeeze!

;)

After only 1 month of gripper training ;) just busting your chops, thank you

Edited by David_wigren

Now that's what I call a good hard squeeze!

;)

After only 1 month of gripper training ;) just busting your chops, thank you

:D

Good, strong gripper squeeze for a bender! :)

Strong set and good close! :)

Nice work David! :rock:rock

Hello to all,this is my first post.

Great close,i have heard talk that those older coc's are easier to close than the newer ones.I have also heard the opposite is true.Anyone know for sure? A small point but i actually prefer the look of the old ones. :happy

Great close,i have heard talk that those older coc's are easier to close than the newer ones.I have also heard the opposite is true.Anyone know for sure? A small point but i actually prefer the look of the old ones. :happy

Thank you. There has been alot of debate about gripper strength changing over time. I don't beilive they have gotten harder nor easier. But I agree that the older ones look better. My favorite is defenatly the grippers from 2005. GR8 shiny spring and just numbers on the bottom. btw not fooling anyone

Edit- I wanted to add that if you ever feel that you need any grippers calibrated just send a PM to bencrush.

Edited by David_wigren

hi mate

im from wolverhampton just down the road from dudley.

if you want to try a new coc 3 let me know and i can bring it over to you.

boland

Well done man, you didn't even have to dogleg the right way!! Great close :rock

Thank you. I'm a bit wierd because I preffer to have it the "wrong" way. It just aligns with my fingers better that way