Zemke Intro

Chris Mathison

Ill introduce him. Brandon Zemke recently joined the GB. He started training with me 2 weeks ago and has stuck out some very tough workouts. Grip-wise he got the #2 to about 1/4" first time touching a gripper. Then 1 week later smashes it. just a few days after that He got the CoC2.5 down to a millimeter(the closest ive seen without shutting it) hes done that a few times this week. so with 2 weeks grip training under his belt(and we hit grip daily) he is a millimeter away from closing the 2.5.. Lets keep him encouraged to go to the #3 and beyond because he has the potential.

WOW! VERY NICE BRANDON! Definitely keep with it because the #3 will certainly fall for you in a few months!

• 1 month later...

According to this thread Brandon was missing the #2 less than 2 months ago. 2 days ago he closed a 3 for the firs time and today he closed a #3(3.17) for a rep and just missed the second rep. Im pretty sure I could count on my fingers people capable of that sort of start with grippers. Cheers to you Brandon. congratulations!

Guest NailBender
Ill introduce him. Brandon Zemke recently joined the GB. He started training with me 2 weeks ago and has stuck out some very tough workouts. Grip-wise he got the #2 to about 1/4" first time touching a gripper. Then 1 week later smashes it. just a few days after that He got the CoC2.5 down to a millimeter(the closest ive seen without shutting it) hes done that a few times this week. so with 2 weeks grip training under his belt(and we hit grip daily) he is a millimeter away from closing the 2.5.. Lets keep him encouraged to go to the #3 and beyond because he has the potential.

Great going Brandon! Stay with it. Sounds like potential to me.

I know guys that have been working on the #2 for 1 year and

still not shutting it. Does that make them bad? Absolutely not!

It just means you've got huge potential especially at grippers.

For example, I've had a Rooling Thunder handle for 5 years now

and still can't come close to 150lbs. Some things we are naturally good at

and some things we're not.

Keep up the hard work and stay strong.

NailBender

http://www.uwec.edu/athletics/fb/0607/rost...emkeBrandon.htm is this the same guy? If so no wonder he is progressing so fast HUGE guy plus divisor 1 offensive lineman some crazy strength behind him.

thats him.. A+ for internet stalking.

NailBender

Of course that doesnt make them bad. Just pointing out his achievement.

Thanks for the support guys. I need to say a special thanks to Chris for introducing me to grip training. I must say that I've kind of fallen in love with grippers and becoming a captain of crush is now a goal of mine. Shizen- I should point out that I played Division 3 football, not D1.

Guest NailBender
http://www.uwec.edu/athletics/fb/0607/rost...emkeBrandon.htm is this the same guy? If so no wonder he is progressing so fast HUGE guy plus divisor 1 offensive lineman some crazy strength behind him.

thats him.. A+ for internet stalking.

NailBender

Of course that doesnt make them bad. Just pointing out his achievement.

Hey Chris, buddy. I didn't mean bad as someone being a bad person.

I meant bad at a certain event like myself at the rolling thunder.

I apologize if that was taken wrong.

NailBender

Hey Chris, buddy. I didn't mean bad as someone being a bad person.

I meant bad at a certain event like myself at the rolling thunder.

I apologize if that was taken wrong.

NailBender

Now I feel like you took me wrong. Dont you hate the internet!!! No worries man. no worries..

Thanks for the support guys. I need to say a special thanks to Chris for introducing me to grip training. I must say that I've kind of fallen in love with grippers and becoming a captain of crush is now a goal of mine. Shizen- I should point out that I played Division 3 football, not D1.

are you training strongman still? Just remembered your first thread and thought you mentioned it, you could probably do well with your size.

Brandon, way to go closing that #3! Did you leave Chris's stupid tape on there? ;)

It was clear you had some serious hand strength, but maybe just needed to dial in the form. Keep on training! :rock

Brandon, way to go closing that #3! Did you leave Chris's stupid tape on there? ;)

:D I stand by taping the handle in your fingers. It allows for a level of volume that, if you had knurling, would de-skin your pinky.

:D Did he leave it there, though? It really does make the gripper harder, I think. I'm just bustin your chops because that ole 2.5 squirted right out of my hand :tongue I also totally agree with taping for volume.

Is Brandon going to beat you to the 3.5?

Edited by Cannon

:D Did he leave it there, though? It really does make the gripper harder, I think. That ole 2.5 squirted right out of my hand :tongue

Ya he left the tape on. If Brandon beats me to the 3.5 I quit. Im putting my hands through hell to get that gripper. If he just waltz's into it I wont be happy.

are you training strongman still? Just remembered your first thread and thought you mentioned it, you could probably do well with your size.

Yep, still training for strongman and loving it. I'm doing my first competition on the 19th of April. I'm not really expecting big results, I just want to gain a lot of experience and perform to the best of my abilities.

Yep, still training for strongman and loving it. I'm doing my first competition on the 19th of April. I'm not really expecting big results, I just want to gain a lot of experience and perform to the best of my abilities.

You will do awesome. It will be an experience you wont forget especially since Klavetter will be traveling with us.. You will find out what I mean.

:D Did he leave it there, though? It really does make the gripper harder, I think. That ole 2.5 squirted right out of my hand :tongue

Ya he left the tape on. If Brandon beats me to the 3.5 I quit. Im putting my hands through hell to get that gripper. If he just waltz's into it I wont be happy.

Yeah, I left the tape on, it definitely allows you to do a higher volume. I think my form is getting better also. My sets have been feeling a lot more comfortable and more powerful. I don't know about me closing the 3.5 before Chris, that's a pretty big jump, but I dont' see why it can't be a goal of mine! :D