I Think I'm Addicted

Mitch1963

Having lifted weights since I was very young I am blown away that I have never trained grip. Foream training in the past but no grip. I posted mid July in the intro section and my goal was to close the 1.5. I have that under my belt and am close to the #2. I have a young guy at work that trains with me and two other guys that want to come over and train. The workouts are so awsome. Had one last night and broke several PR'S. Bought a 60, 75, and 80 lb. hex yesterday and cut them up. What a blast lifting those! I have a RT and totally suck. But...I know as my thumbs get stronger my RT will improve. My workout consists of warm up with the grippers...max on grippers.. then do some work sets and negs...finish of with my homebrew SW. Then we do Hub lifts with homebrew hub and pin for sets and max. Then to a 3" pinch with loading pin. Then 2" pinch with the loading pin. Then its off to my homemade titan type machine, I love this because it is dynamic! Then some lever work. Then we do two full sets on my homebuilt Atlantis type forearm machine which consists of writscurls, reverse wrist curls, gripper, wristroller both direction and finish with the rotary wrist twist. Oh and we play with the hex block weights too. Finish with the extensor bands then contrasting bath...then a cold beer. I am having a blast training grip and really enjoy reading everyones post here on the grip board. Everyone here is awsome!

I have more or less the same background as you; been litfing weights since '97 and

have never trained the grip... but now when I've discovered grippers, I can't stop thinking

about 'em. Almost some kind of disease.

Good luck hunting down that #2, it's a great feeling when the handles touch. :mosher

Grip is very addictive - there's always something to work towards. It won't take you long to close the #2 with a background of lifting weights.

What a great bunch of people here. I look forward to being able to contribute.