First Attempt At A Gripper Vid

dimmers

Was having a session with the grippers this morning and made a nice strong close on my #2, so i thought i'd have a go at filming my next attempt.

Soz for the shaky hand but i was nearing the end of my workout (excuses excuses i know :tongue

Any comments on the vid would be cool?

thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_-Y6TiZM7c

Bravo on your first attempt on video! It's crystal clear, a good angle, and a good distance from your hand. Nice close!

Bravo on your first attempt on video! It's crystal clear, a good angle, and a good distance from your hand. Nice close!

thanks!!!

Nice job, you had the gripper in frame from start to finish. You could see the set and close very easily.

A very good vid. I've been watching loads on youtube & this is by far the best I've seen. Most take ages getting the grip number in focus you hit it straight away. Plus a decent close up.

The only thing I can think to improve is maybe a better background next time but I'm being very picky.

10/10 well done

A quick review....and quick look.

The set appears too deep -- at least for a MM set.

It doesn't look closed either or maybe just a slight touch.

Get the gripper CLOSER during the squeeze.

I disagree. The video is not a 10/10.

thanks everyone for the comments!

i agree that the gripper doesn't quite look closed in the vid, but i think that's more to do with the angle i had my hand when trying to show the close up (i'll sort that out for next time i do a gripper vid).

agreed also, the set does look too deep (amazing what you learn watching your own attempts on film!)

It was a clear quality vid Peter and I would say I saw it touch and did open up slightly but I understand that when your hands are smoked.Nothing another vid ands fresh hands wont take care of.Keep it going Peter!!!

Brendan

It looked closed to me, but with an other angle it will be easier to see.

I haven't tried to make a gripper vid yet, but they are sure fun to watch.

Keep on punishing that #2! :)

Yeah, the set was too deep, but everthing else was very good.

Getting a "perfect" gripper close vid isn't that easy. Heck I don't know how many times I need to practice to get those videos as good as I want. It seems to get harder to get a good video as the grippers you try to close on the video get harder. Hand tends to shake too much and the most important part, where the handles are clearly together, I don't know how many times I've managed to screw that up by holding the gripper off camera!

Your set seemed too deep and the angle was a bit off when the handles were together. Othervise, good job. It's true that you'll learn a lot about your technique by taking those videos and watching them with critical eye.

Edited by Teemu I

Thanks again everyone for the comments! i now know what i need to work on for future vids (and hopefully certs in the future)

:rock

Nice close!

Just seen this video, first off great job on the close. With regards to the video and i'll probably be repeating people here but anyway, there were a lot of good pointsl; you could clearly see the numbe on the gripper and you could also see the set very clear which looked to me to be set to parallel. The only bad point i'd say and i guess which is quite an important one, was that your hand was at angle to the camera, so you couldn't tell if the gripper was actually shut or not.

Great video all in all, keep it up!