• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hubgeezer

• bencrush

• jad

• climber511

Chad Woodall, IMO :mosher

Too little verifiable, head to head competition to really say. A lot of very strong grip guys have not attended contests or have not competed in quite some time

I beleive Jedd Johnson would be a front runner I think he has the most high (top 5 or so) placings in grip contests here in the states. Chad Woodall is very strong, and has won.

A review of the Contest section will let you see who is (or has been) good in what areas and overall among those people who have chosen to enter competitions. No doubt there are some very strong guys out there who have not competed before or lately but are unproven so to speak. A lift done in the gym is not the same thing as in a contest setting and "overall" probably should cover more events than are ever contested in any one contest. There's certainly some young up and comers that we will be seeing a lot of here in the near future as well. If Chad or Jedd have any weak areas - I haven't seen them yet.

Very hard question. You will probably see these names though quite a bit: Jedd Johnson, Chad Woodall, David Horne, Big Steve McGranahan, Dave Morton, Tommy Heslep. More but you get the point.

The U.S. has a very strong field with a lot of depth. I can think of over 10 names that could win a major Contest.

However, if you consider the GGC to be the top contest in the U.S.A., the answer would be Chad Woodall. I think most of us consider Chad to be the guy to beat.

Also, John Beatty's B.B.B. had a very strong field, which Dave Morton won.

Clay Edgin seems to be pursuing Strongman these days. I believe that with 60 days training, he would beat any American in a grip contest with standard events.

Hbgzr

Looking at contests, Dave M, Dave T, Chad Woodall, and Jedd are consistently top placers.

Anson and Tommy H have had their moments as well. Competitions has been heating lately

5 the best in the world: John Brookfield, Steve McGranahan, Clay Edgin, David Horne, Thorsten Moser

Currently Dave Morton after BBB2. Overall though Dave M, Chad or Jedd; just depends on who is on and what the events are.

I am new to the board and was wondering who is the best overall grip athlete in the USA?

Thanks

Three words:

TWIST, MASTER, SQUEEZE, :rock

5 the best in the world: John Brookfield, Steve McGranahan, Clay Edgin, David Horne, Thorsten Moser

Hahaha!! He has to read this!! Why Thorsten Moser?? :D

In no particular order, athletes from the US who always seem to really impress me are:

Steve McGranahan

Josh Dale

Dave Morton

Richard Sorin - i can't get over those wide pinches!!

Ben Edwards

Jedd Johnson

sorry if i forgot anyone...

I meant to mention Dave Thorton in my first list. He deserves to be right up there. But so do a few other guys that may not be competing right now. Like CJ.

Clay Edgin seems to be pursuing Strongman these days. I believe that with 60 days training, he would beat any American in a grip contest with standard events.

Hbgzr

Clay is a monster for sure. Along the same lines, I think if Monkeypaws got back into it he'd be back on top in no time.

I'd have to put a vote in for Dave T. myself also :shifty you have to watch those cool and composed guys they're what they call in the drag racing world a sleeper.

I would disagree with that I think. You need a world class pinch in order to stand a chance of beating guys like Chad.

Hbgzr

I would disagree with that I think. You need a world class pinch in order to stand a chance of beating guys like Chad.

Hbgzr

I think Clay would take him on the grippers which would offset his loss to Chad on the 2HP. I guess it depends on if we're talking about one on one competition or the total field and if so who's in the field.

Hbgzr

I think I see another wager coming up here. Stay tuned for more information...