Twist Yo Wrist

Cunny

if they are made by I.M then we know that they are well made. so you can always count on that.

i donot own one myself, but from what i do know of it , it will work a certin part of your wrist that a wrist roller wont. also i think it is the way it hits your fingers that makes it a prety good tool. in my o.p it is the way it hits your wrist and fingers together. the positoin your hand is in mimics alot of real worl stuff.

it will also hit the sides of your forearms like a lever excersise would.

they dont seem to be very populer on here from what i can see anyhow. probably due to the fact that all the ereas it hits can be duplicated some other way.

in short,.. it is not an "only way to" type of tool. you can hit your fingers and wrists in other training excersises.

i think where it would come in very handy to someone, is if that person had to perform that exact same movement in there sport or job.

doesnt look to hard to make yourself either, and i would think you could hit your hands the same way by holding onto the ends of your wristroller and rolling.

again this is what i see,..but i dont own one. so someone who owns one may offer better advice.

Buy a 5 pound dumbell add some rope in between the handle and a carabiner, viola.

I have one and like it, but its just another tool. I suppose a similar device could be constructed fairly easy and probably less expensive. I think it might be good for arm wrestlers to help get the hand position advantage.

My brother has one. It is a fun challenge, but I don't use it regularly in training. Well made with nice grips.

Yeah I noticed when I did a search on them that they are not that popular which is probably a bad sign but it could also be because not much weight is used on them and therefore it is not that an impressive lift.

I was just wandering if anyone has seen any carry over to anything like pinch and how much weight peolpe are using with it.

I've got a homemade version so I don't know what the real deal is like, but I like mine. I don't use mine a whole lot, but do throw it in from time to time. It's a nice way to strengthen your wrists without beating up your hands with sledge hammers.

It's not bad.

The only thing i don't like about it is that it's plastic.It's not easy to hold on to it keeps slipping in the fingers.I wraped mine with athletic tape and this seems to work well.

I have one I LOVE IT! I am addicted to it. Use it just on the fingertips -- fingers hurt like hell & pinch grip grows. Or really go-for-it & roll it like a heavy wrist roller, and you can open ANY LID OFF ANY JAR OF ANYTHING!

Yeah I noticed when I did a search on them that they are not that popular which is probably a bad sign but it could also be because not much weight is used on them and therefore it is not that an impressive lift.

I was just wandering if anyone has seen any carry over to anything like pinch and how much weight peolpe are using with it.

I think a heavy free-standing (holding bar in your hands down by your hips) wrist roller, and a heavy Twist-Yo-Wrist (same way) are about the same weight, maybe a little different, not much.

If there's a problem with it "not than an impressive lift," I bet it's because it is free-standing. Most hard-core, bragging regular Wrist Roller feats all seemed to be done on a stabilized bar. Having to suspend the wrist roller by oneself without a power rack to hold it for you, is much harder & reduces the weight.

I can't think of any way to make a power-rack-supported Twist Yo Wrist. But as a regular free-standing wrist roller, I bet it's just about the same as a regular wrist roller. (My best free-standing wrist roller is just about the same as my best free-standing heavy Twist Yo Wrist -- done not on "fingertips only," but using all of my hand to rotate it.)

"I can't think of any way to make a power-rack-supported Twist Yo Wrist. "

I'm not sure of it would work in a power rack, but to make a free standing side-grip wrist roller wouldn't be too difficult.

1. Build a stand about 12 inches wide at your desired height. Wood is a good material to work with.

2. Attach two large tubes (PVC should work), about 4 inches long each, perhaps 5 inches diameter. The tubes should be about and inch or so apart and be lined up for the next step. Use the smallest diameter that will allow your narrower tube (next step) to rotate freely.

3. Insert narrower tube, about 14 inches long and perhaps 4 inches diameter (whatever diameter works for you), through both larger PVC tubes. Narrower tube will have rope or strap attaching at middle, between the two larger tubes.

4. Smooth the sharp edges with a file or use a cap where hands will grip.

I can think of variations on this desigh as well. I suppose this could be adapted to a power rack if one were motivated to do so.

I hope this doesn't violate forum rules. I don't think so because I'm not aware of a commercially made supported side-grip wrist roller.

• 2 weeks later...
I've got a homemade version so I don't know what the real deal is like, but I like mine. I don't use mine a whole lot, but do throw it in from time to time. It's a nice way to strengthen your wrists without beating up your hands with sledge hammers.

hey Jonathan I see your in Cleveland I use to live in Rutherfordton and now Hendersonville maybe we could get together and grip train sometime?