to stack+ 6 stacker plates x 12 r/p reps

Monday
Penny Pinch work
W/ups are set up x 8 reps, +5kg x 5 reps, +7.5kg x 3 reps then
L/H: 13.25kg load x 4 x 3 reps
R/H: 15.50kg x 4 x 3 reps

Wednesday
DB Press
(waiting on rack hence switch as below too)

Iso Press
to 65-kilos x 1 (too much), dropped to 65-kilos a side x 3 reps. Needs to be either a BB press or 60 x 4-6 next time

s/s

Hammer DB Curls
to 47.5-kilos x 6 reps

TPD
to 16+stacker plate x 6 reps

Saturday
V/Gripper work
Not like I wanted it to be - almost an afterthought so

Sunday
V/Gripper work
Again.
to
L/H: 5/6 x 12 x 1 reps (inc a3 x VVN)
R/H: 6/6 x 12 x 1 reps (inc a double)

Monday
DB Row
50, 70 and 90-kilo x 8 reps

V handle pulldowns
1/2 stack and full stack x 12 reps

CG Bench on smith
still need to work on my bench to get it back on form
to 62.5-kilos a side x 2, then 4 r/p reps.

DOTBDL
working the hip pain - stayed light
bar x 12, 55-kilos x 12 and 75-kilos x 12 reps

Tuesday
Annoyingly did the same as last time - no wonder it went well lol
Penny Pinch work
L/H: 13.25kg  x 4 x 3 reps
R/H: 15.50kg x 4 x 3 reps

Friday
Vulcan Gripper
to
L/H: 5/5 x 2 x 1 and a F, 5/6 x 1, VVN, then 2 x 1 reps,
R/H: 5/6 x 1 rep, 6/6 x 2 x 1 reps. 7/6 x 2 x 1 reps. 6/7 x 2 x 1 reps

Monday
Iso Press
to 60-kilos a side x 4 reps

s/s

Hammer DB Curls
to 50-kilos x 6 reps

TPD
to 16.5p x 6 reps |(couldn't quite get 7)

Multi-angle cable machine with Greg double handle - skull crushers
and 16.25kg a side x 12, 15 and 20 reps to Greg's 10,10 and 10 reps

Tuesday
Penny Pinch work
L/H: 13.50kg load x 4 x 3 reps
R/H: 15.75kg x 3, 3, 2 then 4 reps

Wednesday
Close Grip Bench Press
bar x 12 reps, 60-kilos x 8 reps, 80-kilos x 6 reps, 100-kilos x 6 reps, 120-kilos x 2 reps, 140-kilos x 1 rep

LPD
13p x 8 reps, stack x 8 reps, +6.5p x 8 reps

Low Row
13p x 15 reps, stack x 15 reps

Friday
So I finally saw a doc yesterday (got an appt in 50 minutes which was fab). On Naproxen. Physio spoken to and booked for next week. In spite of that my feeble back and hip held out.

Power Squat Machine
to 360-kilos x 6 reps

Seated Leg Curl
1/2 stack x 15 reps, stack x 15 reps, +4p x 12 r/p reps

Leg Extension
1/2 stack x 15 reps, stack x 15 reps

Over the weekend I did gripper work. But god damn Friday's workout now seems like a very bad idea. I'm in pain with my hip more or less constantly. When the Naproxen is working it's just less pain rather than no pain. I've a physio session tomorrow but it's not feeling like a miracle cure is a-coming.

Tuesday
Penny Pinch work
L/H: 13.75kg 4 x 3 reps
R/H: 16kg x 4 x 3reps

I also saw a physio this morning and did those exercises in the evening (and at 5am Wednesday morning). They made me sweat more than my usual workouts lol

Wednesday
Physio exercises last night and again at 5am. Back stretches again after the gym
Seated Press
to 95-kilos x 6 reps

Hammer DB Curls
to 55-kilos x 6 reps

TPD (hard machine)
to 13p x 8 reps

Friday
V/Gripper work

Monday
A day to question my sanity. Even though I'd had an ok walk above Aberdare on Sunday, walking seeming to help my rather more than foolish gung-ho and 'lets see what I can do' attitude (normally useful) was a BIG mistake. The previous three days had seen me still in pain with my hip on sleeping and waking but less so by the evening. Putting 370-kilos and having half an eye on using the Power Squat machine for 4-6 reps (a PB for the reps at that weight I think) was out and out foolishness. First I just went down and stayed there and secondly NOTHING is giving me any relief at all - all day. So worse than back to square one. Of course, all the while bitching, I did the other shit too.

Tuesday
Penny Pinch work
L/H: 14kg 4 x 3 reps
R/H: 16kg x 2, then 3 x 3reps

Wednesday
I was having a 'good back day' so...

CG Bench
to 120kg x paused and 2 x 1 reps at 140kg

LPD (hard machine)
highish reps to stack x 10 reps

Mid-iso-row
as above highish reps start to 50-kilos a side x 12 reps

Back stretches

However Thursday and Friday we're 'damned awful back days'. Back to the docs and a TON of paracetamol to go with the other drugs and an X-Ray at Mountain Ash Hospital (seen right away).

• 2 weeks later...

Doing physio, seeing docs, on meds. Waiting on x-ray results. Back and hips in bits.

• 4 weeks later...

So I haven't posted a lot in the training logs. With the injury I've had I've trained grippers and been to the gym maybe 3x in the last 6 weeks. Last week (Friday) I trained close grip bench here at home. Yesterday it was Lat Pulldowns at Powerhouse. I also try to do my physio suggested exercises everyday. I'm miles better than I was just two weeks ago but it's still a ways to go before I'll be 100% (doc signed me off sick until the end of October). In other news my job has finished as of the 14th of this month (as did everyone else's in South Wales in the same company) but as I was laid up and continue to be somewhat it's not too big of an issue.

Background on the injury / issue
Ok. So I get a tweak, noted in my diary, about two weeks before the Leeds event doing Deadlifts. Then, about 6 weeks or so ago, it came on gang busters. Big time sciatic nerve issues. Some pain in the lumber back, more in the right glute and LOTS into the right thigh, knee, calf and foot. At times so bad I crawled around the house (to the point my skin has thickened on my knuckles - they look like a Gorilla's) and needed to lay face down on the floor three times while I was washing dishes. I hadn't been to the docs for 2 years and ended up going 4-6 times in two weeks just to get the meds right. Walking was hell and a couple of times I could be seen hanging off posts and bus stops in agony. As it is I'm using a stick to get about. But, as I say, I've made some progress. I'm still waiting on an MRI and to see an Orthopedic surgeon. The current diagnosis is wear and tear on L1, 2, 4 and 5 of the Lumber Spine and a bulging disc irritating the sciatic nerve. I also have pins and needles in my right outer two fingers and numbness in the palm area below (although this might be my 270+lbs BW leaning on the stick annoying those nerves).

14 hours ago, mobsterone said:

So I haven't posted a lot in the training logs. With the injury I've had I've trained grippers and been to the gym maybe 3x in the last 6 weeks. Last week (Friday) I trained close grip bench here at home. Yesterday it was Lat Pulldowns at Powerhouse. I also try to do my physio suggested exercises everyday. I'm miles better than I was just two weeks ago but it's still a ways to go before I'll be 100% (doc signed me off sick until the end of October). In other news my job has finished as of the 14th of this month (as did everyone else's in South Wales in the same company) but as I was laid up and continue to be somewhat it's not too big of an issue.

Background on the injury / issue
Ok. So I get a tweak, noted in my diary, about two weeks before the Leeds event doing Deadlifts. Then, about 6 weeks or so ago, it came on gang busters. Big time sciatic nerve issues. Some pain in the lumber back, more in the right glute and LOTS into the right thigh, knee, calf and foot. At times so bad I crawled around the house (to the point my skin has thickened on my knuckles - they look like a Gorilla's) and needed to lay face down on the floor three times while I was washing dishes. I hadn't been to the docs for 2 years and ended up going 4-6 times in two weeks just to get the meds right. Walking was hell and a couple of times I could be seen hanging off posts and bus stops in agony. As it is I'm using a stick to get about. But, as I say, I've made some progress. I'm still waiting on an MRI and to see an Orthopedic surgeon. The current diagnosis is wear and tear on L1, 2, 4 and 5 of the Lumber Spine and a bulging disc irritating the sciatic nerve. I also have pins and needles in my right outer two fingers and numbness in the palm area below (although this might be my 270+lbs BW leaning on the stick annoying those nerves).

Mob...sorry to hear.  Prayers for a speedy recovery!

Thanks dude.

Wednesday
So on Monday (I forgot to include it) I did some hammer dumbbell curls. I think it may well be the first time in 5 or 6 weeks and I only went to 25-kilos a hand. But damn and blast the lower part of both biceps are as sore as f**k!!

Wednesday
Vulcan Gripper work

Friday
Pre-exhaust work on shoulders so there is as small a load on my still injured back when I press as possible. All super light

Side laterals
1.25-kilo disc x 20 reps, 2.5-kilos x 20 reps, 5-kilos x 20 reps - nice little pump

Seated Press
27-kilo bar x 3 x 15 reps and 1 x 18 reps - nice pump

W/Roller
Nice n light - 15-kilos x 3 x 3 reps - nice pump

Monday
AM
Physio at Mountain Ash hospital

PM
Close Grip Bench Press
to 69.5-kilos x 2 x 15 and 1 x 13 reps